The king

Kira:
I woke up a few minutes later still on the hospital cot I first woke up on. I sat up and saw the nurse talking to another fairy who was dressed in armor. He had brown hair and was taller than the nurse. He pointed at me and the nurse turned and started to walk towards me. She stood beside me and looked at me with no emotion.

"The king wishes to see you. Can you stand on your own?" She asked

"Ya," I said and swung my legs around the bed and stood up. The guard came toward us.

"I am to escort you to the king's hall." He said standing in perfect posture. I was given new clothes to wear and a pair of artificial wings. The clothes were a pair of slippers, a green top with army green khakis. The guard lead me through the maze of corridors that were made of a gold glass. We passed by a window and I got a glimpse of where we were. I looked out and saw that the city was a huge town floating in the sky. The fairy's fly from place to place only going to the ground to collect some berries which are what they eat. We got to the end of the hospital and the door opened up to let us out but the building ended at that part. That was where the fairy's jumped off and flew to the next building. The only thing is, I'm scared of heights. So when my guard jumped off and flew away I began to freak out.

 I inched my way towards the drop-off and tried to make my wings as flat as I could. Then I jumped. The wind whipped my hair into my eyes as I fell. Then I saw two handles come down. From my wings. I grabbed them and pulled. There were a jerk and The wings spread out catching the wind and elevating me. I rose up to the right height and pulled my right handle. I turned right. I kept alternating my pulls and soon I caught up to my guard who had been watching me. He leads me to the castle that was in the center of the city. It had banners with the symbol of air on it. A swirl of white in a circle.

 We landed and my wings contracted. I stood there for a second to catch my breath but I didn't have long to recover. For my guard was already hurrying off down the corridor. I ran after him and found him stopped in front of a huge door. he said something to the guards at the door in a language that I didn't understand and they opened the doors for us. I walked in with the guard and stood a few feet fro the throne while the guard addressed the king. I turned around taking in the vast beauty of the hall. It was made of that gold glass like all other buildings here but it had precious pearls and gems lining its walls and the throne was made of pure gold with a giant pearl set in the stone. The king had a heavy red cloak on and his crown had a band of pearls on it.

The guard looked at me and motioned for me to come towards the king. I slowly walked towards him. The guard bowed as I stopped in front of the king then left the room.
"Kira, what do you remember from yesterday evening?" He asked me in a deep but kind voice.
"I was coming back down to my campsite from the forest and then something landed in my eyes and I stumbled back, fell then hit my head and went unconscious."

"At the time that you were in the forest, a group of my warriors was fighting off some voidians. We defeated them but one of my warriors was killed and he flew into a human. That human was you. His blood fell into your eyes and blinded you. That is why you stumbled back then fell and hit your head. My soldiers brought you to the city to protect you." He turned and looked at the grand window that overlooked the city.  

"Why didn't you just leave me there? I was in no danger!" I said angrily, but still a bit confused. 

"Kira," He turned to look at me " My soldiers took you from your family because you had an elemental's blood in your eyes."

"What does that have to do with anything?" I was getting annoyed at how slow and complex this was.

"It matters because if a human gets elemental blood in their eyes they can see the elemental world." He said his eyes getting very serious.

"So, that is why I  couldn't see the warriors but now I can because I have blood in my eyes?" I asked

"Exactly. There is a way to fix you and send you home but I don't have the power to do so." He said happily to see that I understood. " I will escort you to Eldenwood, and you will stay there till you can go home again."

I nodded understanding his plan. My only question was: What's Eldenwood?