Chapter 6

Bella continuously called Jacob over the next few days. I found out that the night he shifted, he asked her out so apparently, they are now dating. I feel sorry for the younger boy because he is so infatuated with Bella but now he'll have to break up with her, just hopefully he'll find his imprint soon.

I've grown close with Jacob over the past few days but I still haven't met any of his pack besides Sam, who I still haven't explained my story to and no, I don't mean the story of me being a demigod but of how I know about the Quileute legends.

It's not that I don't trust them but... I don't trust them. I mean, I haven't even told Bella and I've known her for as long as I can remember! All they really have to do is give me a reason to trust them and I don't have that yet, or at all. I did have the thought of telling Jacob and I was about to but I then realised that the pack don't have any secrets, thoughts are easily read like words on a paper. Except I can't really read that well because of my dyslexia, so that doesn't quite apply to me.

Anyway, I've gone down to the shops to get some Oreos because there isn't any at home and they are happiness. I've been feeling a little more down lately and my dreams are getting worse. I keep seeing my memories from when I was down in Tartartus, the days upon days I had to spend with my torturers. I was separated with Percy and Annabeth while we were down there so I didn't get to meet Bob or small Bob. I was told stories of how helped them rescue me and then helped us escape to the doors of death.

I shuddered. Those are really not memories I want to relive but unfortunately, I have to, every night. I also see the faces of all my friends dying, which is worse, but that is less often. Plus also the fact that I know they're not dead helps.

Before I know it, I've walked into the window of the store. My cheeks resemble that of a tomato as I quickly duck my head down and walk in, only grabbing multiples of my precious Oreos then leaving.

I hope no one saw what just happened, I thought in embarrassment and fortunately for me, luck was on my side. I sighed in relief. Finally something good.

I arrived back as the house only to see that Bella's truck wasn't there and it started to rain. I panicked.

"Bella!" I yelled out, hoping that she would still be home and her truck was at the auto shop or something.

I was, terrifyingly, met with silence. I made sure to check every corner of the house for clues on whether she was taken and I found nothing.

"Bella!" I yelled out again in hysteria.

Tears were rushing down my face, I can't lose anyone else. Not again, not anymore. I'm afraid of what will happen if I do. I sobbed, anxiety building up in my chest making it difficult to breathe.

The unmistakable sound of an engine and crunching rocks rang throughout my ears and I sprinted downstairs towards the door. It was my cousin and just as she was out of the car, I flung myself into her arms, sobbing.

"Bella!" I cried, "I thought something really bad had happened to you. I didn't know where you were and I was scared. Please don't do that again!"

Bella stared down at me in shock.

"Italy..." she trailed off.

I looked up and saw her soaking wet and also crying.

"Oh, Bella, honey," I cooed, momentarily forgetting my worries, "Come here, sweetie. What's wrong?"

I pulled my cousin into my arms, trying to protect her from her inner pain.

"Jake," she cried and I immediately grew cold. "They said he was sick but I went to visit him today and he was carrying wood around and was perfectly fine! He's been so distant and he-he broke up with me."