Chapter 8

My walk did start off incredibly peaceful but that was until a Greek vampire appeared. It was an empousa and more specifically, Kelli.

"I thought you preferred Percy over me, Kelli," I called out.

"I do, but why not take you as well? Just as powerful, are you not?" She replied.

I shook my head, "No, my brother is better and stronger than me by millions."

She just laughed. "Modest are you? Oh well, doesn't matter, you're not going to live much longer either way."

Kelli lunged at me, her two legs, yes her donkey leg and normal leg, behind as she attacked. I fumbled with my charm bracelet which turns into my sword in hopes of making it turn before it becomes too late. I managed to dodge her attack by moving to the side and ducking whenever she swung her hands out at my face with claws bared. I swung my sword in her direction and felt the blade tear the skin apart. Kelli collapsed and I stood over her.

"You should know to leave us alone, Kelli," I said before thrusting the sword down into her chest. She exploded into a shower of gold ashes.

I shook my head and stopped to head back home. I saw Jacob jump from the window and run away. Once I arrived in our room, I interrogated Bella on why he was here.

"He was trying to tell my something without actually telling me," she said.

I nodded. It is difficult to tell someone a secret without exposing yourself as well as your friends, I would know. It has been something I've done for the past six years of my life.

"That's does sound strange," I said.

"Exactly!" She exclaimed, "It's so infuriating to be given an actual reason as to why he left but I don't understand what he is saying! I just-" she sighed, "I just think I need to sleep on it. I'll talk to you again in the morning."

Bella slide under the covers on her bed and turned her back on me. I shook my head at her and followed her lead, my dreams being plagued with nightmares once again.

*~*

When I woke up the next morning, the house was empty. I looked around for clues as to why Bella at the very least wasn't here and found a note taped to the fridge. It read:

'Italy, just gone to Jacob's. Be back soon.
  -Bella xoxo'

I shook my head and ran up to get a drachma. I called Billy and asked if he knew where Bella was.

"Hi, Italy. Yeah, she's walking over to the pack after seeing Jacob asleep and then walking over to the house. You know how some of their temper can be, hurry, Aly," Billy stressed.

I ran into the closest shadow and shadow travelled to the first near them. I saw Bella slap Paul across the face and sprinted over to them, knowing Paul gets angry very easily.

I jumped in front of Bella and protected her with my body when he shifted, receiving scratches and cuts over my body and face.

"ITALY!" I heard Bella scream. I slowly stood up and glared at the boys in front of me.

"Bella, I thought I told you to tell me where you are going at all times, I know I left a note but you could be gotten hurt," I said.

I sensed Jacob run out and he took one look at Bella, my scarred face and body and Paul's shift form. He ran towards us, with Bella shouting at him to run away, but Jake shifted, surprising Bella.

I felt my sight get all hazy and blurry around the edges. Bella, Jared and Embry ran over to me, the latter catching me before I fell.

"Come on, Italy, don't fall asleep. We'll meet you guys at Emily's. Hurry and knock some sense into Paul too," he called out, running towards Bella's pick up truck.

"I've been through worse," I weakly laughed and he stared at me in shock.

"Quickly, Jared," Embry rushed.

The car sped off and I told Bella to call my mum to tell her to get Percy here as soon as possible.

"Hello, aunty Sally. Yes, I'm good. Bella told me to call you to ask for Percy to get here as soon as he can," Bella said.

"Tell percy he needs to bring some ambrosia, too," I shouted as best as I could with my drifting mind.

"He'll be here in a minute, she said," Bella told me after she got off the phone, "though I don't get how. He's all the way in New York."

"You'll see," I replied.

We all got out of the car and before Embry and I walked through the door, Percy stopped us.

"Hey, little sister. What happened to you?" He growled.

"It's okay, Percy, it was an accident," I replied.

"You'll tell me what happened later, Annabeth will be here soon as well. Here's some ambrosia, you'll need it for when my Wise Girl gets here," he said and I shuddered.

Annabeth can be really scary sometimes.

I grabbed the ambrosia and are it. The affects hit me straight away and my wounds started to heal.

"I don't mean to be rude, but who the heck are you and how are your wounds healing so quickly?" Embry questioned.

"Oh! Sorry, Embry! You can put me down now. This is my brother Percy and I'll tell you the rest once everyone else gets here," I told him.

He put me down and I walked in, greeting Emily along my way to Bella. I saw her eating a muffin and turned to Emily who gestured to the table. I smiled.

"You're the best, Em!" I exclaimed.

I grabbed two, handing one to my brother and waited for everyone else to get here. This is going to be difficult to explain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry I took forever to update! I've been so busy lately and just haven't been able to find the time to write but I'll try to get another update in by at least the end of the month, so approximately in two weeks.

Thank you for staying with me guys!

I love you
-Dana