Chapter 10

We had to catch a plane again. I know Uncle Zeus gave me permission to enter his domain and all that but I can't help but still panic. It's always been a fear of mine and it always will be. It has been hardwired into my brain as a child of Poseidon after all.

My hands grip onto the seats beside me. My heart beats fast and only starts to slow down when I feel the wheels touch the ground. I send a silent prayer of thanks to my uncle for granting me safe passage through the sky and not throwing his Master Bolt at me during the trip.

"Italy, we've arrived. It's time to get off of the plane now," Bella softly cooed to me, knowing about my phobia of flight.

I sighed, I really don't want to meet Edward. He broke my cousins heart and now I'm going to have to protect him against the Volturi, which will be so fun. I'd rather watch him be torn apart but I know how much that will hurt Bella so I will be nice. For now.

"I'll meet you two outside, I'm just going to get a car," Alice said before disappearing from our sight.

Bella and I walked to the front gates and stood outside, waiting for Alice. We didn't have to wait for too long because a couple of minutes later, the small vampire drove up in a bright yellow Porsche.

"Get in!" She demanded.

Bella and I quickly jumped into the Porsche.

"Where'd you get the car?" I questioned.

"I hope you're not opposed to grand theft auto," Alice replied.

I shook my head, gods knows how many times I've had to 'borrow' something and at most times, I don't even return it.

"Nope, it's fine. What about you, Bella?" I asked.

"Not today," she replied.

Alice slammed her foot down on the accelerator and we sped of to Volterra.

"How much time do we have left?" Bella panicked.

"His final plea was declined. He's waiting until noon when the sun's at its highest. He's going to make them change their mind," Alice replied.

Bella checked her watch, "It's almost noon."

"There's Volterra."

Alice drive closer to an old, medieval looking village on a hill. There were people walking around and holding red things while the surrounding area was decorated in said colour.

"Why are they all wearing red?" I asked.

"San Marcos Day festival. The perfect setting, large crowds. The Volturi won't let him get far enough to reveal himself. That's what's he's counting on," said Alice.

"We only have five minutes," Bella cut in as we reached a road block.

"Where's the square?" Bella jumped out of the car with me following.

"Follow that lane," Alice instructed. "I'll meet you there. You're the only one who can convince him or he'll rush it and he doesn't know Italy, so go! He'll be under the clock tower!"

Bella and I sprinted off in pursuit of the soon-to-be-even-more-dead vampire. We push through crowds of people, apologising for the disturbance and run through any empty alleyways that lead to our destination.

We reach the square and look up to see the clock tower, the face of it showing noon.

"Bella!" I shouted, "I'll go ahead and stop him before he shows himself. Don't worry, it'll all be fine." I smiled and sprinted off even faster than before. I jumped into the water fountain to rejuvenate myself and to get to Edward faster.