Fighting Back

Fighting Back

“Father.” I said in a clipped, cold tone. He seemed shocked by the sudden change in my attitude. True, I was never quite pleasant to them but I always made an effort to be polite no matter what. None of that now though.

“Cassandra.” He addressed me with a nod of head. He was standing there in my hallway along with that fake – tear strained witch by his side.

“What brings you here?” I asked coldly, making no more to invite him in.

“Cassandra, I think you owe your mother an apology for the harsh way you spoke to her.”  He said motioning towards the witch with his hands.

“There is no way in hell I am apologizing to this witch!” I yelled.

 “Yes you have. And how dare you talk to your mother like that! Is that what I’ve taught to you young lady!” he yelled at me. That was it, the dam broke.

“You have no right to say that! You have bloody well never taught me anything! I have been on my own since high school, never took a penny from you. I bought this how on my own, with no help from you.” I said, pointing at him. “And what gives you the right to just barge into my house and demand an apology for something that I didn’t do. If anything, you should be apologizing to me!” After a moment of staring at him I opened the front door and said “Get out.”

“How dare you…..” that witch started but I cut her off, not in the mood for her tantrums.

“Oh shut up! Stop whining like a get the hell out of my place or I’ll be forced to kick you out. And believe me, I won’t hesitate.” My father turned around and marched out, the witch trailing behind him.

Well, this was how I imagined in my head anyway. But I was suddenly hit with the realization that no matter how much they would provoke me, I can never yell or bad mouth them cauz my mother had raised me better than that. So instead of yelling profanities at them, like I initially planned, I opted for a calmer approach, the one which I had perfected over years of practice.

As I snapped out of my thoughts I noticed everyone was looking at me expectantly.

“I have nothing to apologize for.” I simply said. Even with my calmer approach, there was no way I was apologizing for my earlier outburst.

“What do you mean? Look at what you’ve done!” he said, waving a hand at the witch. “She has been crying ever since. I demand you apologize to her right now!” Marcie had joined us now and was standing in the back, looking like an eager spectator, with a smug smile on her face. A smile I so badly wanted to slap off her face but I resisted the temptation.

“She started it, I finished it.” before he could say anything else I held up my hand to silence him. All of them seemed shocked at my bold behavior. “Look, I did nothing wrong and I will not apologize to her. End of story. You are just wasting your time as well as mine.” He looked at me for several minutes before turning on his heels and marching out. The witch sneered at me which I returned with my smirk. She too turned on her heels and marched out, grabbing her daughter along with her and pulling her along. I closed the door and leaned against it. I turned the lock and turned around only to come face to face with a gaping Naina. I laughed at her expression which was somewhat between awestruck and shocked.

“Did you just…….” She trailed of, having hard time believing.

“Yes, I just kicked my so called parents out of my house.” I finished for her. She squealed and jumped on me, hugging me fiercely. “You know what?” I said as we broke apart.

“What?” she asked with an excited expression on her face.

“Vegas doesn’t sound that bad.” She squealed again and jumped up and down like a rabbit on sugar rush.

Alright guys, this is the last of the boring chapters. The next chapter is going to be in Vegas!!

Also, please Vote and Comment and tell me how I'm going so far!

Much Love, 

Bella