It's Vegas Baby!

It's Vegas Baby!

“I can’t believe we’re actually here!” Naina squealed. It had only been 12hours since we set foot in Vegas and Naina was already bedazzled by it’s shine and shimmer. Well, I was too, but there was no way I was admitting it to Naina. I had learned that behind every sparkly, shiny thing there is always something ugly. But then there’s the saying that everything happens for a reason.

“Yea, me neither.” I replied dryly as I looked around the casino Naina had managed to drag me in. Naina noticed my guarded expression and chided.

“Oh, come on Cassy! Don’t be such a party pooper!” I sighed.

“Fine, whatever.” And tried to keep a happy face as Naina dragged me even further into the casino.

~~

“Naina!” I called for her for the umpteenth time. It has been almost fifteen minutes since Naina had disappeared into the ocean of people to get our drinks and still no sign of her. I was just walking into the direction of the bar when she appeared out of the blue with a handsome man no less.

“Cassy!” she literally lunged for me, if it was not for the fact that she was almost dragging the guy along with her, she might’ve knocked me down.

“Where the hell were you Sims?”

“I was having some bar troubles but all’s well now.” Naina said looked dazed. Maybe she had a little too much to drink.

“Uh, hi. I’m Cassandra but you can call me Cassy.” I awkwardly introduced myself to the amazingly hot stranger. “Thanks for recuing my friend.” I added, not wanting to sound ungrateful.

“I’m Santiago. And it’s no trouble really. And it might sound selfish but I’m kinda glad that the bartender gave her some trouble or else I wouldn’t have met her.” He looked at her lovingly and Naina giggled. She freaking giggled. I’m sure my eyes must’ve bulged out in shock for Naina Sanders never giggled. Yea, she might be the hyperactive, laughing kind but definitely not the giggling one.

“That’s soo sweett.....” Great, now she was slurring.

“Naina, how many drinks have y…….” I started but was cut off by a strangely nice and heavily accented voice.

“Santi , where have you been?” and one of the most handsome, beautiful, perfect, man stepped into my view. My breath whooshed out of me like someone had knocked me in the stomach, hard. I started at him like a teenage girl at her first crush. Santiago cleared his throat and my eyes snapped onto him.

“Ladies, this is my brother, Salvatore”

Oh, this is gonna be fun.

Please comment and tell me how I'm doind so far.

And belated Happy New Year!

Much Love,

Bella