Chapter 5: A Shaving and a Birthday

A/N: Hey guys, I’m back with another chapter YAY!!!! Well here is Chapter 5: A Shaving and a Birthday.

Disclaimer: Me not own da Harry Potter. Me normal girl….

Saturday 19th September 1998

Hermione’s POV

Urghh… I don’t want to get out of bed; it’s so warm and snug and-WAIT! It’s my birthday…meh. I’m going back to sleep. BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ. Can my stupid alarm clock just shut up!!! I think I am going to hex it to oblivion…mmmmmm I think that’s what I’m going to do. “Bombarda,” I said while pointing my wand to the alarm clock. BAM! I covered my eyes so I could avert the smoke and the rubble going into my eyes. “Damn woman, you could have just put a silencing charm on it,” the portrait of Godric Gryffindor said as he covered his ears form the blast. “Sorry, sir,” I said.

Normal POV

Hermione, finally, got out of bed and went to her closet to get dressed. It was a Saturday so there were no classes (Hermione frowned at that) and the students didn’t have to wear their uniforms. Since it was her birthday, Hermione thought it would be good if she wore something that would be special for her birthday.

Hermione came out of her bedroom looking like a goddess. She wore a white floral dress which had a floral pattern at the top and the bottom and came after her mid thighs in length. The dress hugged her figure from the top and flowed at the bottom. Her hair was straightened and pulled pack into a high pony tail. Her makeup looked very natural and illuminated her features. It’s only 7:30 am so I don’t expect anyone to be awake this early on a Saturday Hermione thought as she put on her ballet flats and walked out of the Heads Common Room.

She walked into the Great Hall and only spotted 3 Hufflepuffs, 2 Ravenclaws and 6 Slytherins at their tables. Where are all the Gryffindors? Hermione thought. She noticed that everybody in the Great Hall was looking at her. Some of the boys even wolf-whistled at her. She felt a blush creeping upon her face as she sat down and started eating breakfast. She looked around the Great Hall and saw a pair of steel grey eyes looking right back her; his mouth was agape. Hermione smirked and wrote something on a piece of paper before throwing it at his head. “Owww,” he mumbled as he went to pick up the piece of paper.

You better close your mouth; you don’t want to catch flies do you?-HG It read. He narrowed his eyes at her. She just smiled innocently and winked at him. Everything was silent until she heard something. It sounded like…singing. The singing drew closer to the Great Hall.

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to Hermione, (the entire Gryffindor house and some people from the other houses had entered the Great Hall)

Happy Birthday to you.

Hermione saw Ron, Dean, Seamus and Neville pushing a HUGE birthday cake in front of them. Clearly, it had someone inside it because it was taller than a person. Everyone gaped at Hermione’s appearance. “Happy Birthday, babe. WOW Hermione you look so awesome,” Dracoina said as she hugged Hermione. “Yeah I agree with Dracoina, Mione you look so beautiful,” Ginny said as she hugged Hermione. Hermione’s face was deep scarlet “Thanks guys,” she said timidly. “You didn’t have to do this for me. My birthday isn’t that big of a deal,” she said.

“Of course it’s a big deal, Mione. You turned 19 today, so we are going to celebrate with this cake,” Ginny said as she pointed to the life-sized cake behind her. The top of the cake suddenly flew open and out came Harry wearing a tuxedo. He started to sing, with his eyes closed.