Side Story One: How Usagi Came to Love Misaki

Usami's POV

(Two months ago)

"You got a girlfriend?"

Takahiro rarely calls me but out of all days, today, when I just made ticket reservations to go to Japan, he calls me with news I'd prefer not to hear. 

"Her name is Manami."

"Anyways, you just called at the perfect timing." I attempted to avoid his conversation. "I'm going back to Japan."

"Really? Then why not stay at my house?" 

"No," I replied. I just got heart broken again and you want me to stay at your house for a year? "I'm staying there for a year to teach in a high school so I'm going to have to find a place to live in."

"Then stay at my house till you find a new place to live."

I already found one...

"Then I could introduce you to my brother," Takahiro continued, "and Minami."

Yes, to you're brother, no, to your girlfriend.

"So, when are you arriving?" Takahiro inquired. "i'll pick you up."

"Nah, it's alright. I'll get there by myself. I'll be there in a months time." Akihiko replied.

I lied. I'm going to be there in two weeks. 

"Okay, then I'll have the guest room ready for you."

"Wonderful," Akihiko replied with hidden contemptness.

"Ah, Manami's calling. I have to go. Bye."

"By-" I attempted to bid farewell to him until he cut me off harshly.

"Damn it!" I vociferated. Then I brought my hand to my head and massaged my scalp. "Why did you get a girlfriend?" 

*****

(Two weeks later)

"Akihiko," Hiroki said with a clearly irritable voice, "What do you need now?"

"Do you have a new lover?"

"HAA? What do you need to know that for?"

"Then, can you come to me so we can talk face to face?"

"To England!?" Hiroki gaged (the assumed morning coffee). "No way."

"Dunce," I chuckled. "I came back to Japan."

"Seriously, say these things earlier."

"So, are you coming or not?"

"No, I have plans today."

"On Saturday? With who? Friends? Lover? Coworkers?"

Hiroki stayed silent on the other line. Then he said with a hushed voice, "My...lov...er."

I grinned on one side of my lips. "Lover?" I teased, "Since when? Why didn't I hear about this?"

"Shut up!" I could imagine what type of face Hiroki had as he said this. "It only started a week ago."

"Hmm, I see. Good for you." I congratulated. "But I'm having a crisis and I need your help."

Hiroki could probably hear my sudden change of voice. "Whats wrong, Akihiko?"

"It's nothing much. I just need your advice and maybe ten minutes of your time." I continued, "Can you talk to me at a nearby cafe for a bit before your go on your date?"

Hiroki heaved a great sigh, "Fine. Where?"

"Roasted Bean Cafe."

"You're treat."