More Than Mine » Fili x Reader

Gender: Not specified
Warnings: War, violence and death
Setting: Battle of the Five Armies

~~~

War raged all around you. Men, women, Elves and Dwarves were dying everywhere you looked. The Orcs piled onto the battlefield in their thousands.

A snarl came from behind you. Snapping your head around to face the noise, you saw another Orc running at you, weapon raised. But you were quicker. The arrow pierced the forehead of the repulsive creature and its knees gave way, toppling to the floor at your feet.

Drawing another arrow, you pulled back the bow and shot another Orc which was advancing on an unaware man. It fell, a few metres short of the thankful warrior. You nodded in reply to his words of gratitude and ran off to find your brother.

~~~

The battle was getting uglier and uglier. There seemed little hope for victory. But a warrior learned never to give up.

Your gaze flitted up to the steep, almost impassable path which led to Ravenhill. Four figures could be seen astride powerful mountain goats. Thanks to your Elven eyesight, you could make out the Dwarven King, Thorin Oakenshield. Alongside him were his nephews, Kili and Fili.

During their time in your father's dungeon, you had grown close to the blonde dwarf, like Tauriel had gotten close to his brother. Despite the anger you held for her after she fell in love with a dwarf when your brother so clearly pined after her, you knew how she felt.

For that is how you felt about Fili.

For many nights, the two of you had talked and laughed. Ignoring the obvious disapproval from your brother and his uncle. This was love. This was love and nothing could break that.

Finally you had understood how it felt. You understood what it meant to care so greatly for someone that you would risk your life for them. You hoped Fili felt the same.

So, as you watched him ride so determinedly up the hill, you knew what you must do. Nimbly, you set off at a quickening pace towards where Azog lay in wait for the Dwarven King.

~~~

After a long run and steep climb, you took a moment to examine your surroundings. Towering above you was the watch tower where leader of the Orcs was hidden.

You passed unnoticed by Bilbo, Thorin and their bald companion. Taking the stairs two at a time, you ascended quickly to the top of the stone structure.

There you saw him. Fili was surrounded by the grotesque faces of the race you had grown to despise. Azog's face was twisted into a hideous smile as he grabbed the Dwarf and hauled him to his feet.

With an enraged cry, you leapt out from behind the pillar which had been concealing you. The Orcs had no chance to recover from their shock as you drew an arrow and pulled it back to hit your first victim.

The other creatures brandished their own jagged weapons and snarled as you advanced. Azog released his iron-tight grip on Fili and joined his warriors.

"Fili, go!" You yelled as another one of your arrows sank deep into the skull of another Orc.

But, of course, that was not what the Dwarf did. He picked up his own fallen weapon and began cutting down Orcs as if they were stalks of corn.

The lethal weapon which protruded from Azog's arm glinted in the sunlight as his came closer and closer. His manic laughter filled your ears.

"So, the youngest child of the King of Mirkwood has come to die in the vain hope of saving the Dwarf scum," He snarled and gripped your throat tightly, lifting you clean off the floor.

"His life is worth more than mine," You rasped quietly with you last breath of air.

Your bow fell from your fingertips and you wriggled uselessly in his grip, like a fish taken from water, trying to pry away his fingers.

You caught Fili's eye, which were a mix of fierce anger and pure fear, and mouthed "Forgive me..."

"Y/N!" Fili yelled in panic but was overcome by a wave of Orcs. His face disappeared from view as he fought to reach you.

"You will die knowing you failed." Azog said in a menacing whisper. The fringes of your vision had grown dark and you no longer struggled. Your brain, deprived of oxygen, screamed at you to fight.

It was too much.

The last thing you saw, as the blade in Azog's arm pierced through your body, was the twisted, grinning face of your enemy. The last thing you heard before you descended forever into darkness was the scream of the Dwarf that you loved.

~~~

i'm sorry i like to write depressing things.

hope you enjoyed!

~sincerelygabriel