Forever » Minho x Reader

Gender: Not specified
Warnings: Page 250 mentions (warning definitely required)
Setting: After the Death Cure, Paradise

~~~

Everything you had once relied on was gone. The Maze had been forgotten; it was a relic of the past. Through thick and thin, Minho had been there by your side. First as a friend, then a lover.

You had faced many hardships over the years — it all started with WICKED. Their desperate attempts to save humanity from the Flare by sacrificing so many of your friends.

Newt's death hit the hardest. The boy who held you all together; The Glue, as WICKED had called him. But also Chuck, the young innocent boy who died so Thomas could live and lead you here. Alby, too, had died to ensure you made it this far.

Without them, you would never have been able to escape your prison. None of the remaining Gladers would ever be able to thank them for that.

The most you could do to honour their deaths was to live the rest of your life, happy and with all your troubles forgotten. Here, in paradise, you could do that.

You and Minho could live the life you had always dreamed of - except with a few less friends by your side.

You had tried to establish order here; a life like the Glade and yet so different. Who knew what would happen from here. The most important thing was living — for that had been taken away from you possibly before you could walk.

~~~

Leaning into the protective embrace of Minho, you stared out at the perfect blue of the sea. Nothing so simple had ever been this beautiful. Minho, too, was gazing out beyond the horizon, where the light of the sun sent a thousand eyes shimmering up off the water.

Grass, real grass, was a welcome miracle after the never-ending desert. Running your hands over their soft tips, you inhaled the fresh scent of clean air and freedom.

The ex-Runner beside you stood up suddenly, surprising you as your head snapped up to look at him. He held out his hand to you and you took it gratefully and rose to join him.

Your hands still clutched in his gentle grip, he span you around him once, a sincere smile spreading across his face.

"What are you doing?" You asked, laughing slightly as a light breeze swirled your hair and lifted your spirits.

"Dance with me," He said, moving slowly around to a silent beat.

You giggled slightly, "We have no music."

"Who needs music? Come here," He pulled you close to his body once more as you both swayed in perfect harmony.

Laughing, carefree and happy. This was how you imagined paradise. Minho span you around him again; this time you moved gracefully and willingly. Grass swayed beneath your feet too, almost as though it was joining in.

This blissful serenity was all you had ever wanted.

Minho held both your hands in each of his. Your head leant on his chest and you listened to each steady, calming beat of his heart. The only other sounds that could be heard were the crashing of the waves on the rocks and the birds singing happily to each other.

This was freedom.

As you stood there, hand in hand, watching over the sea, you knew you belonged here, together. His hand tangled in your hair as he leant down to kiss you softly. "Marry me," He said into your lips, warm breath tickling his face.

"What?" You hardly registered the words as his mouth connected once more with yours.

"Marry me." He pulled away and this time stared you in the eyes, waiting your answer. "We're free. We'll never have to face the Flare, WICKED, the Grievers, the Maze... It's all behind us, forgotten. So marry me. Live our lives how they were meant to be."

A moment later, your lips met his again and he welcomed them passionately. "Yes," You breathed into his lips as they parted slowly from yours, "Yes, now and forever."

"Forever," He agreed. The sun shone down brightly then and bathed your faces in warm pools of golden light.

Forever.

~~~

actually mostly happy one for once (except the newt and chuck mention, sorry).

hope you enjoyed!

~sincerelygabriel