'Til Death Do Us Part » Fred Weasley x Reader

Gender: Not specified
Warnings: Death and angst
Setting: Battle of Hogwarts
Key: H/C is house colour, Y/H is your house

~~~

Flashes of light erupted from every corner of Hogwarts. Death Eaters swarmed the castle which had once been a safe sanctuary for you, a place of warmth and kindness. Now only war remained.

Your H/C tie was unrecognisable through the stains of blood, dust and dirt which covered most of your body. Touching your hand to your forehead, you felt something wet trickling down from your face.

The shoes on your feet smacked the floor loudly in your hurry to find Fred. You hadn't seen your boyfriend since the start of the battle, for you had been too preoccupied with fighting.

Black robes billowing out behind you, you ran through the empty corridors. Occasionally, a Death Eater would cross your path, but a quick yell of "Stupefy!" usually sent you back on your way.

The Great Hall was packed full of injured witches and wizards but you barely had time to glance through the doors as you hurried past. A fellow Y/H student had informed you that they had seen Fred on the west side of Hogwarts so it was there you sprinted.

Teachers who you had known since first year were fighting with everything they had. As you ran past, you spotted Professor McGonagall battling two more masked assailants. Turning to help, you saw her skilfully blast them aside.

The corridor you were heading for was getting closer and closer. Heart throbbing painfully in your chest, you tried not to think about you could possibly find there. So many had been injured, so many had been... killed.

The hand that clutched your wand was pale and clammy as you clung onto the wood tightly. It seemed almost another lifetime ago where you had been choosing your wand at Olivanders. The excitement of discovering you could do magic was something you had never felt before. If only you had known what it would have led to.

Nevertheless, if you had the choice, you knew you would made the same one again and again. The last years had been the best of your life and you experienced so much outside the Muggle world where you had grown up.

Skidding around the corner, you came face to face with a wand pointed your way. You halted, revealing yourself to whoever held it. Fred appeared from around the corner and you let out a sigh of relief. George, too, peered from behind the wall, grinning under all the grime.

"Y/N! I thought you were a Death Eater." He lowered his wand from your face.

As if the words had summoned them, several black-clad men came bursting through the window and your greeting was interrupted by a sudden explosion of spells and noise.

Other witches and wizards came from the corridor to help. Harry Potter — who you were friendly with due to both of your constant visits to the Weasley's — Ron, Hermione and Percy were among the ones you recognised.

You shot spell after spell at the advancing men, the others around you doing the same. Fred was shouting something in a joking manner. You shook you head fondly, no one else save George could make jokes in situations so dire.

In the confusion, you found yourself pressed up against Fred's back, battling from all directions. Death Eaters were closing in.

A flash of light. A bang. Screaming. You were flying. Falling. Smack!

Then there was darkness.

~~~

The dust cleared. The Death Eaters were dead, killed in the commotion. Two other shapes — bodies — were taking form under the piles of debris. 

The others fell to their knees in utter horror as they witnessed the scene unfold before them.

There before them lay the unmoving bodies of Fred Weasley and Y/N Y/L/N, their eyes still and glassy. In the centre of the destruction, their fingertips grazed each other's softly. The memory of that last moment spent together forever imprinted in their final parting gesture.

That was the only comfort given that fateful day. For as they were joined in life, they were joined, too, in death.

~~~

ha, i feel evil. sorry!!

nevertheless, hope you enjoyed it!!

~sincerelygabriel