Christmas Memories » 11th Doctor x Reader

Gender: Not specified
Warnings: None
Setting: Not specific series

~~~

"Where to next?" the Doctor asked, bounding over to the TARDIS' console. He bent over it and started to press a series of buttons. You were about to reply when he lifted his head back up with a shout "Hang on a minute, Christmas!"

Raising your eyebrows, you stared quizzically at the Time Lord. "What about it?"

With the energy of a cartoon character, he threw his hands in the air. "That's what time of year it is! If you hadn't travelled with me of course. It can be Christmas anytime I like because, well, I have a Time Machine. But that's how long we've been travelling for!" the Doctor rambled.

Giggling slightly at his ramble, you nodded your head excitedly. "Alright then, show me Christmas with a Time Machine!"

Rubbing his hands together, the Doctor pulled back the final lever with a grin. "Geronimo!" he yelled as the TARDIS sped through the Vortex with a sudden lurch, causing you to grab quickly onto the nearest rail.

The Doctor's energy was infectious and soon you too were bounding throughout the TARDIS, excited for your first Christmas with the Time Lord.

In no time at all, the TARDIS came to a familiar jolting stop where you were forced to regain your hold on the rail. Fixing his bow tie, the Doctor grabbed your hand and pulled open the door to the ship; before you could get a look outside, he shut it again.

"You should probably put on something warmer," he noted.

With a disappointed sigh that you didn't get a glimpse outside, you nodded and ran quickly back to your room to grab a thick coat that the TARDIS provided for you. You came hurrying back to the Doctor who grinned at you before pulling the door back open and this time yanked you outside with him.

As soon as you set foot outside the comforting and familiar warmth of the TARDIS, you were immediately awestruck by the sight before you. A blast of freezing cold sent a shiver through you despite the fluffiness of the coat that you were suddenly glad you wore.

But that was not what grabbed your attention.

That was occupied by the view that stretched far into the distance. The city before was covered in a soft blanket of snow that created the illusion of complete peacefulness. Buildings that were familiar and yet all too different were twinkling in all manner of colours. Behind it, an enormous fountain that was frozen in place seemed to hold the city in a huge protective embrace.

The Doctor stared proudly out into the city. "Welcome to Christmas Day on Earth, the year is twenty-two thousand and two."

"This is... This is incredible," you breathed out in awe at the sight.

"Come on," the Doctor grinned, "I have something else to show you." He pulled you away from the beautiful view and led you down the snow covered hill into the city that lay below.

You wove through people that were living Christmas thousands of years in the future. People who were carolling, having snowball fights or simply going for an evening walk in the snow. It all looked so unreal and yet it seemed familiar. Life on Earth didn't change that much on Christmas and the thought that this wonderful day lasted so long with all the traditions you recognised filled you with joy at being a part of it all.

The Doctor came to a stop next to a stand that was serving delicious-looking hot chocolate that set your mouth watering. He ordered two and handed you one of the frothy cups which you sipped gratefully.

Next, you were pulled over to a the bottom of a wheel that resembled the London Eye but this one was larger and each compartment was filled with a selection of Christmas decorations. After paying, you were ushered inside one of your own — just you and the Doctor.

As the carriage rose, the view of the city from above became visible again but this time you were looking out on it from right in the very centre of it all. The view was even more incredible than on the hill. It appeared to stretch out for miles beneath you. The streets were like long white snakes winding through the masses of lights that decorated each house.

"This is the best Christmas ever," you breathed out, taking another sip of the warm drink in your hand.

The Doctor sat down on the floor of the compartment along with you and you leaned onto his shoulder to gaze at the city below you. As you watched, fireworks erupted from somewhere on the outskirts, filling the sky with light. They formed shapes of Santa Claus and reindeer in the sky before exploding into spirals of colour.

The Time Lord kissed the top of your head softly as the pair of you witness the evening of Christmas pass by below you. "Merry Christmas Y/N," he whispered into your hair.

"Merry Christmas Doctor." This was one Christmas memory that would stay with you forever and you would never not be glad that you ran into this mad man in a blue box.

~~~

who's excited for the doctor who christmas special? whoop!!

merry christmas and hope you'll have a wonderful day even if you don't celebrate!!

i wish you guys all the best for 2018!

~sincerelygabriel