Heart of the Truest Believer » Peter Pan x Reader

Gender: Female
Warnings: Kidnapping
Setting: Season 3
Request: @/Lilyflower345

~~~

The forest grew eerily silent as the day drew to a close. The animals that chattered and sung all day long had left behind the empty noiseless trees. Occasionally, you heard the hooting of an owl which jolted you from your almost sleep.

Nothing worked. You had tossed and turned in the hope that sleep would claim you as easily as it did the others, but to no avail. The others  were happy and content with the knowledge that Henry was safe. You had rescued him from Pan and his mothers had placed a protective spell over him.

You, too, were delighted that Henry, your best friend, was safe. But something about this place kept your mind whizzing and eyes open. Getting to your feet, you left the sleeping party and took a cautious step into the forest beyond the clearing where they lay.

The light of the moon barely penetrated the thick layer of trees which towered above you, causing you to blink and rub your eyes to help them adjust. Glancing behind you, you checked on the sleeping form of Henry before making the decision to return.

The crack of a branch made you whip your head back around to face blackening forest. You took a step backwards, eager to be back in the protective glow cast by the dying embers of the fire.

But your foot caught something and you almost tumbled to the floor. You would have done, had the arms not been there to catch you. A hand closed over your mouth, stifling the scream that had not even reached your lips.

"Sleep now, love," You heard just as your vision became hazy. The smirking face of one Peter Pan appearing above you. You tried to struggle but found your arms were too heavy to move. A moment later, your eyes closed and your body grew limp in the boy's arms.

~~~

When you awoke, it was daylight. The animals were back, making their presence known to the world and the trees danced in the breeze which blew gently through the forest. You tried to scrabble to your feet, panic filling your mind as you recalled the night's events.

Peter Pan squatted down beside you before could stand. "Hello Y/N." You used your hands to try and move backwards but he caught your shoulder before you could move away. "What, no hello?" He said mockingly, the permanent smirk etched onto his lips.

"Let go of me!" You spat at the boy before you. "Why am I here?"

His smirk, if it was possible, widened. "I thought it was obvious. I take you, Henry comes for you and then I get what I need."

"You can't touch him, he's been protected," You returned his confident smirk as you remembered.

"I can take his heart, but only if he's willing to give it to me," Pan explained to you.

You scoffed, "Why would he do that?"

Peter rolled his eyes and grabbed your shoulders, pulling you to your feet. As you stumbled forwards, he caught you and steadied you. "You've got it all wrong. I'm not here to hurt Henry. I need his help, to save magic."

"Save magic? But what? Why would you...?" You trailed off uncertainly.

"He has the heart of the truest believer," Peter nudged you forward to where all the other Lost Boys were waiting expectantly. "Now come on, the boys are expecting us."