Saviour » George Weasley x Reader

Gender: Female
Warnings: Mentions of death, loss and trauma
Setting: After the Battle of Hogwarts
Request: @/undercover_Fangirl97
Note: The reader is blind in this imagine; I am writing this purely on imagination so please excuse any misconceptions/mistakes

~~~

The pair of you stood head on, wands raised, as you faced the oncoming Death Eaters. Though you couldn't be sure, you thought it must be almost dark. George has insisted, a lifetime ago it seemed, that you stay hidden, stay safe (for he was sure it too dangerous) but you had stood your ground.

All your life you had felt like you were on the sidelines. The fact that you were unable to see held you back in many ways, so you were eternally grateful to the boy beside you for helping you understand that you could do many of the things for years you thought were impossible. Your years at Hogwarts had been the best of your life.

That was until they came. Voldemort's followers had returned to the castle, ready for battle. This had called you, the Weasley's and many more of the Order back to fight for the students. You couldn't turn your back on the school that held so many beautiful memories. And so you fought.

Despite not being able to see what you taking part in front of you, the huge booms, crashes, shrieks and yells told you all you needed to know. People were dying; they could have been friends, family but you couldn't be sure. All you could do was grasp the hand beside you and George squeezed yours in a hope to reassure you, but his own sweaty, trembling palm this time held no comfort.

This was one of the rare moments you got when your corridor was deserted. The footsteps pounding up the stairs below you told you not for much longer. The familiar pounding in your chest became more noticeable as you both stood and waited, wands at the ready.

Each time someone came, that could be the end. One wrong move, one slow reaction and it would all be over. The door banged open, revealing what you were sure was another masked Death Eater. George gave your hand another squeeze to confirm you suspicions and yelled out a spell.

More hurried movements from behind. You spun and fired an immobilisation spell to were then noise had originated. The muffled grunt and then thud told you your spell had been successful.

An unfamiliar voice yelled out and then there was a thud beside you. You reached out for George but there was no one there. Spinning around, you tried to make sense of what was happening but your mind was disorientated and you couldn't think.

Waves of panic crashed over you as one final voice yelled "AVADA KEDAVRA!"

~~~

With a jolt, you sat upright. The memories of that day had plagued your dreams ever since. Every night you recall that dreaded battle, every night you hear George's anguished cries that told you something terrible had happened, every night your mind conjures up the image of Fred lying dead, your imagination going overboard to picture that which you never see but didn't need to.

Nothing could have prepared you for such a tragic day. You couldn't even comprehend what George must go through every single day. You tried to be there for him, but for months he barely registered your presence. The once fun-filled boy was reduced to a mere shadow.

Your hand reached involuntarily towards the other side of the bed, hoping to find a comforting hand. But the other side of the bed was stone cold. Heart thumping loudly, you swung your legs out of bed, trying to convince yourself that everything was okay.