First Botanical Garden

Cassia

The next day, I was slightly surprised to see most of the group up and running the minute I walked out the door. I could spot Simon and Bodil heading to the base of the plateau, equipped with stone hoes and seeds, and Seth talking to Chimney by the "town square", a large square of stone brick, with a cobblestone well in the center.

"Hey Cassie!" I turned to see Nooch loping up to me, a pick in his hand.

"Cassie?" I said, confused.

"Yeah, that's your nickname." Nooch gave me an innocent smile. "So, can I help with something? Building? Trading? Seto and Cupquake are excellent traders," he winked. I laughed.

"Trading isn't something on our list just yet," I said pleasantly. "But I was going to get flowers and things for the town garden. Care to help me?"

"Sure. Let me see if any one else is free," Nooch said eagerly, running towards the four now occupied houses.

"Meet me in front of my house when you're ready!" I called after him before I walked back inside my house. "Amber?" I called.

"In the back!" Was Amber's reply. I walked through the back door (which I had not seen before), and found myself... in paradise.

The little pool I had based our house position on had become an infinite pool, surrounded by flowers. There was a tiny farm in the back, against the now fenced in yard. A large pen was attached onto the back wall of the fence, holding a few pigs, cows and sheep in segregated sub-pens. A wooden bench lay against a large tree, providing some shade.

And then there was Amber, lining the fence with a hedge of leaf blocks.

"Amber," I breathed, "what is all this?"

"Oh," Amber exclaimed, "I thought that maybe since we're the mayors, we could have a fancier house. And I decided to start with the backyard."

"It's amazing! Thank you!" I hugged Amber.

"You're welcome," she said, a hint of weariness in her voice. "Now, what is it you wanted to tell me?"

"Oh yeah!" I remembered. "I'm going out to get flowers with Nooch and some of his friends for the town garden. I promise I'll be safe!" I added, seeing her concerned face. "I'll carry two swords and water bottles and I'll be with Nooch!"

"I guess so," Amber relented. "But I don't want to lose you again. This whole responsibility thing is going to give me a white hair."

I laughed as I hugged her and ran out.

"Hey!" I turned to see Nooch, Seto, CaptainSparklez, Kermit and Cupquake waiting for me by the wall of my house.

"Sorry, Amber had a surprise for me," I excused myself. "So, ready to go?"

"Ready? We've been ready!" Nooch scoffed.

"Then let's go!" Cupquake squealed as we left the town.

xxx(0)xxx

It wasn't too far from the town where we found a huge meadow of flowers. I saw the flowing colors, and began to collect them, a lilac there, a cyan flower there, a dandelion somewhere else. Turning back, I saw Nooch, CaptainSparklez, Kermit, and Seto picking every flower in the area, leaving behind plain grass blocks, while Cupquake stayed by my side and occasionally picked a colorful flower here or there.

"Don't strip the place bare!" I called to everyone. "I want it to stay pretty."

"Okay," Seto agreed, but he whispered something to Nooch, who whispered something to CaptainSparklez, who whispered something to Kermit, who whispered something to Cupquake. I stared skeptically at all of them, but I turned back to pick the flowers.