First Town Garden

Cassia

The next day, Seto followed me to the town garden. "So, how are we doing this?"

"I was thinking a candle surrounded by waves of color, to represent the light I saw when I was lost in the ravine," I said thoughtfully.

"Symbolic," Seto comments. "I like it."

I blushed. "Thanks." Then a thought occurred to me. "Seto," I said, "we should line it with trees. I want it to be like the hollow we have back in the meadow. I want it to be a special place, full of privacy." I smile slightly, thinking of the pretty meadow they left me back in the woods. Then I noticed the close proximity.

"Your smile is pretty," Seto breathed. Once he had realized what he said, he let out a nervous chuckle and a little smile of his own that somehow caught all my attention.

"Yours too," I answered. He let out a breathy laugh. Suddenly, a rustle behind us caught my attention. The moment ruined, I turned to see a yellow-clad girl, paused, embarrassed in our view.

"Sorry," the girl said nervously, "I'll... just... be over there."

"It's alright," I said, standing up. "I'm Cassia, and I'm the co-founder and co-mayor of Forsythia Bay."

"You're the mayor? But you look so young!" The girl exclaimed. "Like, my age!"

"I'm nineteen," I said, "but being mayor hasn't brought up any issues yet.

"I'm seventeen," the girl said."I'm Skylar Brown."

"Welcome to Forsythia Bay," I said, extending a hand, "are you planning on moving in?"

"Definitely!" Skylar said, enthusiastically shaking my hand. "I really want friends!"

"We don't have any new houses yet," I said apologetically, "but you can stay with us. I'm sure Amber won't mind."

"You should make, like, a hotel or something, and call it something cool, like the Ender Home! Because, like, everyone will want to teleport there! Or, or-" I cut her off with a laugh.

"Maybe," I said, "but we'll have to pass it by Emmy and Amber. They're the ones planning this town out. I just evaluate town happiness and take suggestions."

"Cool! So Amber and Emmy need to pass it? Are they the other girls?"

"Yeah, have you seen them?" Seto said, finally joining in on the conversation.

"Yup!" Skylar said, "a reddish-blond girl was arguing with a robot, while a dark-haired girl was holding her back."

"Nooch," Seto laughed.

"Is that the robot?" Skylar asked.

"Yep," I said sheepishly. "The reddish-blond girl is Amber. The dark haired one is Emmy."

"What did Nooch do to Amber?" Skylar said.

"I dunno," I shrugged. "Let's go see them."

We stood up, and left the garden; however, when I turned, Seto was still there. "Wait, Seto!" I called. "Are you coming?"

"No," Seto declined, "I'm going to get started on the garden."

"Without me?" I said, pouting.

Seto laughed, "I'm just going to start it," he assured, "It will be a surprise."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Come on!" Skylar said, "He wants to surprise you, let him surprise you!" she grabbed my wrist and dragged me away.

-----

Five dashes means the end of the story! I hope it's long enough for you! And Skylar's owner, I hope you like her!

~NerissaMoon