First Stages

Cassia

Seto held me for a few moments more until he pulled away. "So, uh... about that kiss..." He trailed off, rubbing his neck sheepishly.

"Did you mean it?" The question slipped out before I could stop myself.

"Did I mean the kiss?" Seto clarified. I nodded. "One hundred percent. It's only been a few days since I've met you, but I just... A mage knows when he's met someone special."

"So am I special?" I asked tentatively.

"The most special person I've ever met," Seto confirmed. "And I want to be a special person to you too."

"You are, don't worry," I nodded.

"So... will you go out with me?" Seto asked.

"Sure," I smiled. "But first, let's go for a walk."

Seto took my outstretched hand, and we walked out of the house and into the sunshine. "Do you like what Emmy and Amber have done to the place?"

"Whoa," I gasped, looking at the cobble street and the hanging streetlights. The four houses that belonged to the Entertainers (people who broadcasted their popular videos in their respective servers or towns) had become an entire base, sprawling across and down the plateau that still had the same style as the first houses did. Whirling around, I saw the extravagant build that was my house. It was a large mansion, large and elegant, while still having that homey charm I admired. There were farms out front, as well as a barn full of animals. "When did all this happen?"

"The past few days," Seto replied, smiling widely. "They built off of what Amber started. There's a lot of sophistication--Seth and his redstone... pretty much just Seth and his redstone."

I laughed. "And Amber and Emmy are the architects?"

Seto nodded. "Definitely." We walked down the plateau. "Here are the stairs you asked for," he said.

"Oh yeah," I grinned as we walked down them. "I did ask... for..." I paused, staring at what was ahead of me.

There were shops lining the street, with houses built above them. Looking down a side street, I saw small townhouses, with porches and fences and balconies. It was... quaint, cozy, and friendly.

"So.. what do you think?" Seto asked.

"It's... exactly how I imagined it," I breathed. "Thank you!" I turned to him and hugged him, making him stagger back a bit in surprise.

"I'm glad you like it so much," he whispered into my ear. "We wanted to surprise you."

"We?" I questioned.

"Well, us Entertainers and the girls wanted to," he clarified. Releasing me, he extended his arm. "Shall we go celebrate at the Ender Tavern?"

I giggled. "We shall," I answered, taking his arm. "What's your favorite meal?"

"Everything Cupquake makes," Seto said humorously. "Everything she cooks is perfection. She makes the best food."

"I don't doubt it," I said as we walked inside. There, I was surprised to see all the people inside. Everyone I knew as well as a few extra were there, with big smiles on their faces.

"SURPRISE!" They all yelled. I jumped backwards, bumping into Seto, who wrapped his arms around me instinctively.

Surprisingly, it was Skylar who approached me first. "Hey Cassia! We decided to throw you a party because you survived your first battle!"

"Aw, thanks Skylar," I gave her a quick hug before being bombarded by Emmy and Amber.

"Do you like it?" Emmy asked.

"Of course she likes it," Amber scoffed. "We made her favorite foods."

"Pumpkin pie, bread and stew?" I perked up. Seto, who was still by my side, chuckled.

"Yup," Amber nodded. "We also have plenty of water for you."

"Thank you so much," I hugged Amber tightly. "You've practically been running this town, while I've been getting sick and injured and thrown out of towers."

"I know I'm not the most mature person," Amber said. "But running a town requires the maturity I need to get to make our dreams come true. It's also made me worry about you like you've worried about me. So now we're even. That's why my parents let me go with you. So we can take care of each other."

By then I was crying, and Seto was pulling me into his arms.

This was what I was looking for all along.

-----

Sorry for my lack of updates! I've been writing soo many papers (One for English, one for history, one for science,) It's been nuts. But don't worry! I'm trying my hardest to get through this!

NerissaMoon