Chapter four

Two weeks had passed since Goo Jun pyos birthday party and the announcement of his engagement. Jan Di had been trying to go on with life as if everything was normal, but she couldn't help feeling upset. She has been going through each day in a bit of a haze, working and trying to keep herself busy while Goo Jun pyo's face was plastered everywhere with the news. No matter where she was she couldn't get a moment of peace, she could not get away from Jun Pyo. It's not surprising that someone of his social status would be on magazines and in the news.
Jan Di wasn't as sad as she was annoyed. Why can't I just not hear or see anything about this and move on with my life like a normal person?

Saturday Morning she was sitting on her floor having a cup of tea, looking at a newspaper for extra work. Maybe if I stay as busy as possible I won't have time to think about Jun Pyo or be able to pay attention to his news. Unfortunately she wasn't having much luck finding work that would be flexible enough with her current job. She sighed and tossed the paper aside as her cell phone started to chime. Looking down she saw that Yoon Ji Hoo was calling. He always has impeccable timing.
"Hello?" she answered.

"Geum Jan Di. You are not moping alone at home are you?" he teased.

"Ji Hoo don't make such jokes! I am looking for more work, I have a life to live you know!"

He laughed. "Well if that's what you're doing then I'm sure you're free to come out with me today?"

Jan Di felt her chest grow heavy. She hadn't been out other than work or school since the party. She had been trying so hard to not think about Jun pyo and his fiancee.

"You can't stay home upset forever, Jan Di." Ji Hoo spoke softly.

"Alright, i'm free today anyway, so lets go out." She hung up and shuffled to her room to find a more suitable outfit for the day.

Ji Hoo arrived about half an hour after they had spoke on the phone, he drove Jan Di to a nice cafe for lunch. They walked in and sat down across from each other at a table. Ji Hoo ordered their drinks and they browsed the menu.

"How are you feeling, Jan Di?" Ji Hoo asked, Jan Di could see he was worried.

"I'm fine. You dont' need to worry about me, even when i'm kicked down, I won't stay down." She smiled at him, it may not have been a smile worth much but she was trying. Ji Hoo didn't need to worry himself over her, she would be okay.

"I'm going to worry about you." He spoke harshly. "Are you not sad? Are you angry or upset at all? Your boyfriend is marrying someone else!"

"He is no longer my boyfriend. He hasn't been for several months, he is engaged to someone else so please don't refer to him as mine. I was sad, I was angry and upset. I didn't understand why this was happening.. I am only angry now, I have realized this is reality and that Jun Pyo and I never belonged together. I am just tired of his face and his name being everywhere. I just want to move on with my life, Ji Hoo."

She had to hold back her anger, Ji Hoo did nothing to deserve her anger, he had only been here to help her and was concerned for her.

He stared at her for a moment before nodding.

"You deserve to move on with your life. You deserve to be happy and be treated right."

As he was speaking the door to the cafe flew open and they heard a loud girl yelling.

"Juuuun! I want to eat here! Will you buy me something to eat please?" She dragged a man in with her.

Jan Di jumped in her seat, the man with the loud girl was Goo Jun pyo. Why? Why does this have to happen?

"Feed yourself monkey woman!" He threw her hand off him. As he turned to leave he spotted Ji Hoo and Jan Di sitting together at the table. His eyes widened and he looked stunned. He stood there gawking at them for a minute before stomping over to their table.

"Geum Jan Di what are you doing here?" Jun Pyo asked, giving her a cold stare.

"I'm here with Ji Hoo, Jun Pyo. What does it look like i'm doing at a cafe?" She was annoyed and used a sarcastic tone.

"So you're on a date? With my best friend?" he was becoming angry.

"Jun Pyo I think you-" Ji Hoo started but Jan Di cut him off.

"So what if were on a date? I don't see how that's any business of yours."

Jun Pyo was taken aback with her response, his face was turning red and he clenched a fist. Ji Hoo was blushing and now looking away, his face made Jan Di want to smile but she was too annoyed.

"So that's how it is? You just jump from man to man, right Geum Jan Di?"

"I could say the same thing about you and women, Goo Jun Pyo." Jan Di mumbled.

Jun Pyo was shaking, he grabbed Jan Di's arm, yanking her up from her chair and

pulling her into an embrace. He hugged her so tight she almost couldn't breathe. Was Jun Pyo always this rough and mean?

She shoved him away from her, her blood felt hot and her vision was blurring from tears.
"Goo Jun Pyo how dare you! You leave and never speak to me again until I go to another country to see you, just for you to tell me you don't love me. Then when you come back you have a fiancee and still try to keep me from ever possibly being happy with another person! Why can you get married but if you think i'm dating you can't handle it?!" She was yelling now, everyone in the cafe was staring at them. Ji Hoo stood from his seat and went to Jan Di, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"I think this is enough, Jun Pyo. This is as much as Jan Di can take, you can't keep putting her in this rough spot. You agreed to this marriage, did you not?"

Jun Pyo had tears in his eyes now as well.
"I never agreed, I'm engaged by force."

"You are still getting married though, am I correct?" Ji Hoo was keeping himself calm but he spoke with a bitter tone.

"I... I don't have a choice!"

"Then let Jan Di do what she wants. Let her move on with her life." Ji Hoo pulled Jan Di into him and kissed her lightly on her forehead. He whispered he was sorry to her, grabbed her hand, and lead her outside with him. Jan Di felt her face flush. I'm just mad, right? That's it. Nothing else.

Jun Pyo kicked over the table they had been sitting at, he picked up the chairs and threw them across the cafe. He screamed and stormed outside, leaving his fiancee standing there alone, not realizing she had heard everything.