Chapter five

Jan Di sat alone in a nearby park. Ji Hoo had asked her to wait, saying he would be back shortly. She tried to wrap her head around everything that had just happened. Is Jun Pyo crazy? Does he want to die? Why would he come barging in making ridiculous claims that i'm dating Ji Hoo? That was not a Date. Trying to reason with herself, Jan Di could feel her chest grow heavy. Am I having a panic attack? Just as she was getting ready to truly panic, Ji Hoo sat down next to her, handing her a steaming cup of coffee. He looked over at her and smiled.

"Getting yourself worked up again?"

He rest his hand on her shoulder and she jumped.

Why is the feeling getting worse?

"Jan Di is something wrong?"

"I don't know. I keep getting this heavy feeling on my chest, and i'm flushed. Maybe i have the flu?"

Ji Hoo leaned in closer and put his hand on Jan Di's forehead, studying her face from a close proximity. Jan Di felt her face turn red.

Ji Hoo seemed to have noticed and withdrew his hand quickly, he blushed and tried to hide his small smile.

"I-I need to get going. I should be looking for more work today!"

"Let me take you home?" Ji Hoo started to stand.

"No I should walk! I need the air after the excitement today. I will see you later!" Jan Di stood up and walked away fast as she could without running.

Geum Jan Di what is wrong with you? Do you have any dignity?

She scolded herself till she got home, but she didn't expect who was waiting at her front door.

"Are you Geum Jan Di? I'm Ha Jae Kyung, i'm so happy to be able to meet you."

In front of her was Goo Jun Pyo's Fiancee.

Jae Kyung sat across from Jan Di at the small table in her apartment. She seemed very calm.

Jan Di had wanted to ask how Jae Kyung knew who she was, but she knew that would be a dumb question, considering the scene Goo Jun Pyo made at the cafe.

"I'm not here to scold you, Geum Jan Di. Actually I haven't been here much recently and I don't really have any friends. I was hoping you could show me around and we would be able to chat from time to time."

"Are you saying that you want to be friends?" Jan Di felt stupid asking such a question, but it really felt like Goo Jun Pyos fiancee just asked her to be her friend, even after seeing the fit Jun Pyo had over her.

"Yes, I would like to be friends with you if that's alright." She smiled and stood up, looking around Jan Di's home. "Your apartment is so cute! I bet it would be a lot of fun to sleep here."

"Are you saying you want to sleep here?!" Jan Di tried to not shout but her voice was raised.

"I would love to have a sleepover! Thanks for inviting me."

Jan Di sat in shock, unable to move.

As the the evening went on, Jae Kyung was very friendly to Jan Di. She went out with her to the grocery store, she offered to help her cook dinner and she shared stories about her adventures across the world. Jan Di became more comfortable with her as the time passed, Jae Kyung was surprisingly easy to get along with. When it was time for bed Jae Kyung took over Jan Di's bed and snuggled right in.

"I had a lot of fun with you today Jan Di. Do you mind if i ask you a question?" Jae Kyung rolled over to face Jan Di.

"Sure go ahead and ask." Jan Di felt herself becoming nervous. She had a feeling she knew what Jae Kyung wanted to ask her about.

"What's your relationship with Goo Jun Pyo?"

Jan Di felt like a rock had hopped up into her throat. She was unsure how to answer such a loaded question without hurting the feelings of the girl who had been so kind to her today. She didn't want to ruin Goo Jun Pyo's engagement either.

"We were good friends before he left for Macau. We spent a lot of time together."

"So did you like each other?"

This girl doesn't want to cut me a break. Did she really come here to be nice to me? It sounds like she already knows so why would she be asking?

"Not really."

"Ahh I see. Well that's great! Could you tell me about him? Things he likes, dislikes, girls he's dated before." Jae Kyung was rolling over in bed again.

"He likes... I think he would like someone like you." Jan Di felt a little sick saying it. She didn't want to admit that Goo Jun Pyo may actually like her, but she couldn't keep holding onto him and hoping he would be hers. It was over between them.

As Jan Di started to fall asleep she heard Jae Kyung mumble something under her breath. It almost sounded like she was thanking her.

The next morning Jan Di woke up to the sound of Jae Kyung talking to someone in the apartment. It was a man's voice along with Jae Kyungs. Jan Di lay in bed completely frozen.