Chapter 11

The Day for Goo Jun Pyo's wedding arrived. Everyone was stirring with excitement, anxiety or a combination of both. Jae Kyung was getting the royal treatment in her private bridal suite, to make her look like the stunning bride everyone expected at Jun Pyo's side. Goo Jun Pyo was pacing in his room with Yi Jung and Woo Bin, still hoping there was a way his wedding could be cancelled. Jan Di was being made over by Min Seo Hyun, having her hair styled and makeup done. Ji Hoo was home alone, pulling a small box that held his mother's ring out from his drawer. He admired the ring for a moment before continuing to prepare for the day ahead.

Ji Hoo drove Jan Di and Seo Hyun to the wedding. The church was fairly small, and simply decorated inside. "They are having the reception at a separate location, right?" Jan Di asked. Ji Hoo nodded and led the girls to their seats.

Ji Hoo slipped his hand into Jan Di's and whispered in her ear. "Are you nervous?"

Jan Di shook her head no.

Min Seo Hyun looked over at them at giggled. "You two should be nervous if Jun Pyo sees you holding hands."

Slowly the church began to fill up. Goo Jun Pyos mother, Kang Hee Soo, came up to Ji Hoo and Jan Di. "We are happy to see you could make it, this is a great day for our family. Our Goo Jun Pyo is marrying the ideal bride." her snide remarks were directed at Jan Di who just smiled back at her.

"I'm happy to be here, I wish them both the best."

Min Seo Hyun stuck her head in the conversation. "It's so nice to see you again Madam Kang. Oh I see you've already greeted our happy couple here."

Kang Hee Soo raised an eyebrow and looked down to see Ji Hoo's hand clasping Jan Di's. She smirked. "It's so nice that your family doesn't have a standard for you to live up, Yoon Ji Hoo. You get to do whatever you like. Regardless, I approve of this match. Just don't cause any trouble while you are here." She turned her back and strutted off to great the other guests.

I really hate that vile woman. Jan Di was scowling at Madam Kang.

After everyone had arrived and was seated, Goo Jun Pyo walked in and up to the front of the church. He had a vacant look on his face and he wouldn't look at anyone. The music began playing softly and everyone stood to watch as the bride entered. Jae Kyung looked exquisite. Her dress was white and elegant, but did not have a lot of embellishments. Her hair was in a simple updo with a long cathedral veil. Her face looked both eager and anxious but she kept a smile down the aisle.

The ceremony went on and everyone admired the beautiful couple. When it came time for 'I do's' Jae Kyung was more than happy to loudly announce her part. "I do!" She almost yelled, everyone in the church tried to stifle their laughter. When it was Jun Pyo's turn, everyone in the church seemed to all hold their breath at the same time. Ji Hoo squeezed Jan Di's hand a little tighter, nervous of Jun Pyo losing his cool. Jun Pyo stared at Jae Kyung a moment before looking into the crowd and catching a glimpse of Jan Di sitting with Ji Hoo. His face hardened as he turned back. "I do."

Everyone erupted in applause the moment they were announced husband and wife. Jae Kyung was trying to stop herself from crying but everyone saw her grab Jun Pyo and hug him with tears streaming down her face. She grabbed his hand and rushed him out of the church. The crowd gathered outside the church and everyone was leaving for the reception.

The reception was huge. The decorations were grand and the food looked luxurious, exactly what you would expect Madam Kang to put together. People danced to the soft music and Jun Pyo and Jae Kyung were seated in front of the room.

"I have to say, i'm a little shocked." Yi Jung approached Jan Di and Ji Hoo. "I wasn't sure if he was going to say I do or I don't."

Woo Bin followed behind him and snickered. "Really? I wasn't sure if he was even going to show up! We would have had to drag him out of his house."

Ji Hoo joined in. "I thought he would have fled the country."

The group chuckled.

After the bride and groom shared several dances and most of the formalities were over, they welcomed people to share kind words with the party. Family went first, followed by business associates then friends. Yi Jung and Woo Bin each congratulated the happy couple, shared a goofy memory of Jun Pyo and wished them a happy future. Ji Hoo whispered something in Seo Hyuns ear before heading up to the front of the room.

"Jan Di, let's get closer so we can go after Ji Hoo." She dragged a confused Jan Di towards the front.

Ji Hoo delivered an eloquent speech, congratulating the couple and hoping they have a peaceful future together. He remarked on how special the day was for everyone, that's when things took a turn.

"Jan Di, will you join me for this part?" He held his hand out to her.

She hesitantly shuffled to his side, grabbing his hand.

"I was able to witness someone whom i've been friends with my entire life, get married today. It only made me more sure of an important decision in my life." He turned to Jan Di. "I've been in love with this woman for a long time and I have something important to ask her here in front of our closest friends."

Jan Di's body started to shake and she peeked over at a grinning Min Seo Hyun. Ji Hoo proceeded to get down on one knee. Is this really happening?! Right here, right now?

"Geum Jan Di." He pulled a small box from his coat pocket. "I don't want to have a moment in this life where we are not together. I can't stand being without you. I can't breathe easy when we are apart. I want to share my life with you and build a family together. I love you, Geum Jan Di. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" he held the box out to her which contained a stunning diamond ring.

Jan Di felt the room staring at them, she looked around. Min Seo Hyun had the biggest smile, Yi Jung and Woo Bin were both smiling even though they appeared nervous. Jae Kyung's eyes were almost glowing, she looked too satisfied. Jun Pyo was staring at her blankly, she was shocked his mouth wasn't gaping open.

He's asking to marry... me? Jan Di shifted around awkwardly and took a deep breath. She smiled at Ji Hoo.

"I will."