Chapter six

Jan Di slowly climbed out of her bed on the floor, tip-toeing to her door.

"Why are you in Jan Di's home?" The man's voice was Yoon Ji Hoo's, he sounded concerned.

"We had a sleepover, not that it's any of your business. Who are you?"

"Yoon Ji Hoo."

"Oh! You're Goo Jun Pyo's friend, right? Weren't you with Jan Di at the cafe?" Jae Kyung's tone changed from annoyed to friendly.

Why is Ji Hoo here and why does he seem worried Jae Kyung is here?

Ji Hoo let out a sigh. "Why don't you just tell me what it is you want from Jan Di. You saw what happened at the cafe, are you out to hurt her?" He was becoming irritated.

"I did see what happened, so I became curious about her. I wanted to know what was going on between her and Goo Jun Pyo." Jae Kyung didn't hesitate confessing her curiosity.

Ji Hoo stayed quiet for a minute, considering what she had said, then continuing with his questions.

"Did she tell you?"

"We are friends now, of course she did! It's not like being Goo Jun Pyo's friend is something to hide from me." She was almost giggling, but her voice was a little shaky like she was nervous.

"She told you they are friends?" Jan Di could hear the confusion in Ji Hoo's voice.

Ji Hoo don't say anymore! I have to stop this conversation. She slid the door open and quickly hurried over to Ji Hoo and Jae Kyung.

"Oh you're here already Ji Hoo? I didn't have time to get ready, shall we hurry up and leave?"

Jan Di was lying. She needed to separate those two before Ji Hoo said too much or Jae Kyung became curious again, pretending she already made plans with him seemed the most reasonable. She hurried into her room and changed her clothes before anyone could speak up. Jae Kyung looked over at Jan Di, who was pulling Ji Hoo out of the apartment, and mouthed "good luck!"

Good luck with what? Oh I don't have time to worry about that now.

Once they were in Ji Hoo's car and driving away, Ji Hoo asked what was going on. She explained everything that happened, Jae Kyung showing up randomly and inviting herself to stay over. How Jae Kyung asked about Goo Jun Pyo but Jan Di didn't tell her the truth. Ji Hoo listened to everything she said and nodded in response.

"Can I ask why you didn't tell her about you and Jun Pyo?"

Jan Di took a deep breath, she was expecting this question from him.

"Jae Kyung is his fiancee now. Goo Jun Pyo himself has made it clear our relationship was nothing. It wouldn't be right for me to hurt her so I can hold on to something that isn't real anymore. Jun Pyo and I are moving on. I didn't want to stop that."

Ji Hoo glanced at her and smiled to himself.

They went to a restaurant Ji Hoo picked for lunch, he told Jan Di he wanted to treat her after her rough night with Jae Kyung. She didn't think Jae kyung was so awful, at least she had the courage to ask what she wanted to know and to face Jan Di. After lunch they decided to go on a walk, the city was always beautiful during this time of year. They joked about the time Jan Di found Ji Hoo trying to embrace a picture of his first love and how Jan Di cleaned the sign off for him. Things were so different during that time, they had grown so much closer. Neither of them had expected to care for and rely on the other as much as they did now.

Walking Jan Di up to her door, Ji Hoo stopped and gave her a hug. Jan Di accepted, a hug from Ji Hoo wasn't abnormal, especially if he thought she was hurting.

"Geum Jan Di, Thank you for asking me out today." He smiled as he pulled away from her.

Jan Di scoffed. "You know I had to get us out of there! Who knows what would have happened if I didn't?" She was trying to defend herself when she felt Ji Hoo press his lips on her forehead.

He's doing it again, why?

He put his hands on her shoulders and gave her a look she was unfamiliar with.

Why is he looking at me like that?

"Jan Di, I hope you move on soon. Don't rush yourself though. I'll be by your side so don't worry."

Ji Hoo turned and left, leaving a stunned Jan Di just outside her apartment.

What was that about and why am I flushed all of a sudden?

She made her way into the apartment and laid down on her bed. What an exhausting and confusing day. I could use a nap after all this. Just as she closed her eyes, her cell phone rang. She dragged herself out of bed and over to her phone. Looking at the caller, she knew she wouldn't be sleeping, her heart was racing.

It was Goo Jun Pyo.