Chapter Seven

Vote and comment!
If you are good at making covers I'm in need of a new cover so :))
Sc: el2128

{I keep updating the short chapters so I'm forced to do a double update lol}

Bella's POV:

"You look great." Shane smiles at me as we walk down the hallway. "Thank you." I respond and smile back. 

We take the elevator down and I hold my breath the whole time. "So where are we going?" I ask when we get to his car. "Well since I just got here I don't really know places around here so I just made reservations at Buco back home." He tells me.

When we get to the restaurant we order and talk about the campus and our majors and shit. After we eat he asks, "Now what do you want to do?". I think for a minute, "Well, we can see a movie?"

"Which one?"

"Hm, I think they're still playing the new Independence Day if you want to see that?" I offer.

"Oh yeah I wanted to see that but never got the chance." Shane tells me. "Same! I only watch movies if they're action movies or like kids movies. It's so weird." I say.

"Me too. Well, the action movie part." He laughs. We go into the movie and he insists on paying for me. We compromise and I pay for the food.

We walk around market street for a bit after the movie. We discuss the movie and how we think it should've ended and shit.

When we start driving back to the campus he reaches over and takes my hand. I smile and think who would've thought.

In high school we were in the same friend group and we always sorta flirted but I never thought we would actually go on a date like this. He had his girlfriend and I had my boyfriend and we both broke up with them at the same time. Yikes, senior year.

"Fuck." I say when we get to my dorm. "What?" Shane asks. "I can't get my door to unlock." I say twisting the key in the lock again. "Let me try." Shane says and takes the key from me. He twists it around a few times then goes, "Shit, it's really stuck."

"Let me text my roommate." I say and text Ellie.

Me: hey fam what's Noah's number

She texts back a couple seconds later,

Ellie: 9913247658, why

Me: I'm locked out

Ellie: tell me about ur dateeeee

I leave her on read and text Noah,

Me: hey it's Bella are u home
Me: I'm locked out

Five minutes later he still hasn't texted back so Shane says, "Let's just go back to my place." I nod and we go back to his car. "Where was your roommate?" Shane asks. "I don't know he just moved in a couple days ago."

"He?" Shane raises his eyebrows. "Yeah." I laugh nervously. "Hm." He says. "Don't worry we can't stand each other." I say. "He's only my roommate because Ellie needed to swap dorms with him." I explain. We get out of the car and walk up to his dorm. His building is smaller than mine and the dorms are slightly smaller as well.

He unlocks his door and when he opens it his roommate is on the floor building a table.

"Hey Trevor." Shane says and holds the door open for me.

"Hey! You're the table guy!" I blurt out. Why didn't I make this connection earlier? He whirls around and exclaims, "Table girl!" Trevor gets up and says, "I actually have change for you. The table was actually thirty." He hands me a twenty dollar bill.