The Fighting

"Ash! Ash! Wake up!" Serena yelled sounding a little annoyed.

"Wut?"

"WAKE UP!!!!"

Ash finally got up and sluggishly walked to the guest room where Serena was waiting. He knocked on the door.

"Come in!"

"What do you want... it's like 4:00 in the morning!" Ash asked

"We have a question!" Misty said

"And you couldn't wait until the morning...?"

"No! We really need to know now!"

Ash sighed "Okay, fine what is it?"

"Well... Misty and I were talking all night and we were wondering... which one of us do you like more?"

Ash's eyes wided at the question. What did she mean? Like as a friend... or more than that?

"What?" He gave a nervous laugh

"You heard me! Who do you like more!"

"I dunno, you're both my friends" I stated trying to avoid the question.

"That's not an answer! Who do you like more!!!" Misty fumed

"What do you mean 'like'? Do you mean like like or-"

"Both!" Serena blushed hopeing that he would say her name.

Ash didn't respond "I'm going to bed" he finally said. He was done with thier games.

"Wait Ash!!! You didn't answer the question!!"

"Goodnight!"

"ASH!!!!" Misty begged. Ash left already. He went back to bed hopeing that the girls would forget about it in the morning.

"Well I guess we don't really need him to answer right now," Serena stated

"Why's that?"

"Because he'd obviously say that he likes me more!" She replied cockily. Serena had no idea where this came form. She'd usually stay quiet and polite during these kinds of arguments but something about Misty made her want to stand up for herself.

"What makes you sure she that he does!?!?" The redhead shot back.

"Well, I knew him first" Serena said a little shy. But she decided that acting shy wasn't the way to go. "Plus he would want a girl with much better fashion taste than you!" She hissed plastering a grin on her face.

Misty blushed. She would not stand for this. "I doubt Ash would like a girl that's as conceited as you!"

Serena failed to respond in time.

"Plus, I was there when he started his jouney. Where were you when he started?"

"So I'm guessing that you think that Ash likes you!" Serena laughed sarcastically "Puh-lease! Ash wants a girl, not a tomboy!"

Misty wasn't going to take this anymore "Then why don't we have a pokemon battle about it!?" She demanded.

"I'm not gonna take my rage out on my pokemon. Seems like a pretty childish thing to do!" Serena lied. She loved having pokemon battles! But she didn't love Misty. Why was Ash evern friends with her!

Childish? How could she say that!?!? Misty growled. "If pokemon battling is childish then why do you travel with Ash?"

Serena didn't know how to respond.

"If you ask me, it lookes like you don't even care about Ash's dreams! You just want Ash to like you! At least I actually care about him!"

"I care about him! I care about him more than you EVER will!!!!"

Ash started to hear the girls. Thankfully Delia was still asleep, but they were started to get loud. As went over to the girl's room to quiet them down but he heared their argument.

"If you care about his so much then why would you make him answer such a stupid question!?!?!" Misty yelled

"I wanted him to prove that he likes me more! Besides! You agreed to me asking him!" Serena growled

"You knew he didn't want to answer that"

"So did you, but you went along with it anyway"

Ash hated hearing the two fighting. He thought that they had become friends and that they could continue their journeys together. But maybe not.

"I don't even know why he's traveling with you! I must not know how selfish you really are!"

"I'm not the selfish one!"

Ash knocked on the door hoping that's the two would stop. But they didn't hear him.

"Anyway" Serena continued " you're just mad that he thinks I'm prettier than you!"

"HE DOESN'T THINK THAT!!!"

"Sorry, but it's true!" Serena taunted. She hated hearing herself say these things. She didn't really think any of it was true, but she knew that she liked Ash more than Misty.

Misty tried to fight back but she didn't know what to say. She could fell her eyes watering a little (which she didn't want Serena to see) so she just stayed quiet. Fortunately, in the silence they could hear Ash knock on the door.

"... um... guys...?" He asked.

Neither of the two answered, now embarrassed that Ash heard everything they said. They stayed quiet and turned the light back off, and tried to got back to sleep.