Setting Sun

Itachi finding out I was leaving was something I did not want to go through. It’s hard enough already to be leaving my closest friend, but to have him worry and stress hurts me even more. I wouldn’t dare have Pein find out, because all hell would brake loose if I did. I’m not really sure I brought that bag with me. Probably just incase I have to make a sudden run for it- which seems really reasonable right now. I looked back up at the bag, then turning back to Itachi who was giving me a stern look. “Uh, oh, that’s nothing. I just brought it with me incase something happened.” 

“What kind of something?” He asked, suddenly sounding a little angry. “Nothing! I’m serious.” I replied, grinning like I always have. I put my hands on his shoulders and started to shake him playfully. “Now, we need to get out of here.” I emphasized. He grinned back, then walked over to the door. “Follow me.”

I followed Itachi out the door and catiously down the hallway. He grabbed my hand and pulled me around corners and down corridors. “Where are we going?” I asked. “I’m going to find Pein. I need to tell him something. Plus, it’s probably the safest place you could go.” We came up to our room, and Itachi knocked quickly. There was no answer, so Itachi peeked inside. No sign of Pein. Itachi sighed, then mumbled, “He must be on a mission.”

“No, he couldn’t be, he would have told me.” I answered immediately. He turned back at me, then shook his head. “He’s the type of person to keep secrets. He could be off with seven other girls right now, and no one would know.” Ouch. That hurt. 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I snapped at him. I’ve never really gotten mad at  Itachi before, but that was actually pretty messed up for him to say. He shook his head again and said, “Nevermind.” Then pulled me through the halls again. “Where are we going now?” I asked, getting irritated. “Back to my room, I guess. No where else is a safe place, anyway.” 

We arrived to his room, and when we opened the door, I gasped. Standing before me was Kakuzu, with a dagger at his side. He lifted his arm, and pointed the dagger towards me. “Kakuzu..” I whispered in shook. Kakuzu didn’t look amused, in fact, he looked very depressed. “I’m very sorry.” He whispered apologetically, then lunged towards me. Itachi pushed me out of the way, and grabbed Kakuzu’s arm and flung him back.

“Run!” Itachi yelled, and I dashed out the door. So many things were running through my head. Why was everyone out to kill me? I didn’t even get into that much trouble! I need to get to Pein and fast, or things could get ugly. 

Luckily, I spotted Pein trotting through the halls ahead of me. “Pein!” I yelled out, and dashed towards him. His eyes slowly drifted towards me, and I immediately knew something was wrong. I stopped a couple feet away from him. “What’s wrong?” I asked. He still stood there, giving me a solemn look. Please, not you to. I thought.

If Pein turned against me, then Itachi would end up in the same position. I would be doomed if that were the case. I slowly mad my way towards him, then putting my arms around him. Luckily I’m around his height, so I was able to tuck my palm around the back of his head and let it rest on my chest.

He wrapped his arms around me, and dug his face into my chest. “What is it?” I asked again. He just pulled me in closer. I hugged back, but then he decided to break apart. He took my hand and led me along the hallway. I didn’t want to question him, so I just went along with him. He actually took me out of the hide out, and into the woods nearby. After a while, he pushed me up against a tree and began to kiss me roughly. I kissed back, but still staring into his sad eyes. I pulled away. “Okay, please tell me what’s wrong.” 

He just stared deeply into my eyes, then back away. Then he took out something from the inside of his cloak, and my stomach churned. I felt so dizzy. It was my bag.

“Your leaving.” He mumbled. “Pein, I can explain-” “Don’t lie to me.” He yelled, his eyes changing into a different form. This is a Pein I’ve never seen, and didn’t really want to explore. “Fine!” I yelled back. “I’m leaving, and I may never come back! You really think I would stay here with you people? This has been hell for me!” Pein’s face went back to be emotionless, then he started to step closer to me. 

“You mean to tell me, everything I’ve done for you was for nothing.” He sneered. “That’s exactly what I’m saying.” I sneered back. I grabbed my bag from his hand, and started to walk in the other direction. I didn’t hear him come after me. My name wasn’t called. Nothing was thrown at me.

Although everything inside me wanted to turn around and just leap in his arms, I kept looking forward and walking. I began to pick up speed, and I ended up jumping through the trees. Where was I going to go after this? I changed my mind about going back to Danzo. I mean, I don’t really want to turn the Akatsuki in. 

That’s when the idea came to me. I had to think it over and over, but I decided to come to a conclusion. I had to go back to the Sound Village. 

It was stupid, I know. But I was thinking I could start a new life there, for Orochimaru. But I knew there were know second chances. I don’t think Orochimaru would be so kind as Pein was with the idea of me leaving. Hell, I could even be killed! But what was the point of life for me anyway? I had nothing to look forward too.

After a few day’s trip, I arrived at the border of the Sound. I was immediately greeted by two Sound AMBUs, and they took me to see Orochimaru. 

Although, he looked quite different then the last time I saw him. His hair was spiky, and he had gauze around his face except for his left eye. But as I walked in the room, I could make out his grin from behind the tape.

“Shiro. How nice it is of you to join me.” I quivered at the sound of my real name. I despised that name, just because of all the memories that name holds. I nodded at him, then looked back at the ground.

“I understand you’ve been gone for a while. What ever so happened to you?” He asked, still grinning but interested for my answer. “Um, I worked for Danzo, Orochimaru-sama.” I replied, still keeping my eye’s grip on the ground. “Danzo?” He asked sharply. I nodded.

“Well, it seems like we have a traitor on our hands.” He sneered. I looked up quickly then shouted, “No! I had to leave because it was getting to crowded here and you weren’t paying attention to me anymore!” Lie.

His head snapped in my direction, and his eyes darted all around me. I didn’t like the idea of him looking at me, so I stook a small step back. He smiled, then said, “Very well. I’ll have Kabuto show you to your room. Further instructions will be sent to you shortly.” I nodded.

Kabuto lead me back through the corridors, and the candle lit hallways. I couldn’t help but notice the design of the walls. They were like swirly clouds, and if you looked at them closely, it looked like they were moving. I snapped back into reality when Kabuto suddenly stopped in front of a door. He opened it with a key, and stepped inside. I followed.

I looked around. Nothing special. Just a boring blank room, with a desk and bed for entertainment. There was only a candle for light, and one sheet for warmth on the bed. 

What was I thinking? I thought. Let’s just pray this will get better.