Secrets

“So.. Shiro-” “Six.” I corrected him. He rolled his eyes, then replied, “Right. Anyway, what village did you come from?” He really didn’t show the curiosity I expected, but I sighed, then replied, “Do you really care?” “No, but I might need that information later.” I sighed once again, then said, “Rain. How about you mister snoopy?” He grinned, then replied, “Leaf.”

After a few weeks in the Sound, I’ve gotten to know Sasuke a little better. Now, we were at a restaurant in a nearby village. We were sent out on a mission together to get something from a guy, then return it to Orochimaru. But right now, we were on a “break”.

“The Leaf, huh? The Village of the free, or something like that.” He grinned, then mumbled, “Not really. It was attacked by Orochimaru before, and they’re still a little weak.” My eyes widened, but I was still looking down at my coffee, stirring it with my finger. “Is that right? Hey, uh, I have a question.” “Hmm?” I hesitated a moment before proceeding. “Have you heard of the Uchiha clan?”

He looked up at me in a lost gaze I never seen him wear. I returned the gaze, snapping him out of it somehow. “Um, no. Who are they?” He returned, looking back down at his drink, looking a little sad. “Uh, forget about it.” I replied, still looking at him. Did I say something?

After a while, we continued our journey, from morning till night. We talked, and he kept brining up questions of my past which I successfully dodged. Every time I asked about his past, he just looked down and shook his head.

Towards the night, Sasuke booked us a room at a old hotel in a passing by town. Sadly, the room only had one bed. I looked at Sasuke in disagreement, but he gave an evil smirk that made me shiver. I just stook my tongue out at him and gave him a scowl. 

I crawled in bed, and tangled my body in the sheets, feeling the softness of the covers. After a while, I felt him crawl into bed, then did the same thing as I did. I turned and looked back at him, and he was facing towards me with the same evil smirk.

“Ugh, Hell no.” I heard his laugh, and he turned over. “I was just kidding, you know.” I closed my eyes, and sooner or later drifted off to sleep. 

Unfortunately, I had a bad dream that night. It was about me going back to the Akatsuki, but everyone was gone. I did some research, and I found out everyone was dead. It was really frightening. But that’s not even the worst part. I woke up in Sasuke’s arms. I swear to Joshin, I did not mean to do that. I looked up to him, and he was grinning at me. I quivered away from his grip, and he started laughing. 

I woke up and instantly ran into the bathroom to take a shower. As I stood in the water, and kept looking up at the tiled walls, thinking about the nightmare I had. What if that came true? Oh, I don’t know what I would do. 

I finished up, then got dressed and walked back into the room. Sasuke was still sleeping. I picked up a random object and threw it at him. But before it hit, his arm shot up and caught it. “Nice try.” He mumbled as he slowly got up. 

After everyone was ready, we walked around the small town checking out sights. Then, I felt his hand creep over mine. I jumped and looked up at him. Then, his eyes focused on mine, and he smiled. He looked just like…. “Oh, god.” I mumbled, tears streaming from my eyes. He then gave a sad look, then stopped. “What is it?” 

I ripped his hand off mine, then took of in the opposite direction. I ran into the woods, and climbed up a tree, and sat there, crying.

It’s been forever since I’ve cried. I hated doing it because it made me feel vulnerable. But I was letting all of it out now. I really, really missed Itachi. And something about Sasuke reminded me so much about him. 

Then, I pulled my sleeve down and revealed my tatoo. I smiled at the black ink, remembering when we went on that mission together. “Oh, Itachi.” I whispered, as I rubbed it slightly. Then, a couple moments later, something grabbed my wrist and pulled me down.

I hit the ground hard, then was forced up and slammed against a tree. I look and see a really pissed of Sasuke scowling at me with gritted teeth. He held up my arm and slid the sleeve down, revealing my tatoo. “What. Is. This.” He growled. 

“What’s it matter to you?” I yelled at him back. He slammed my head against the tree again, but kept his hand to my neck. “Answer my question! Who gave it to you?”

“I don’t need to, and I won’t tell you! Get the hell of me!” “Was it Itachi?!” He yelled at me. I froze, eyes widened. “It was, wasn’t it? Where is he?!” 

“I don’t know! Honestly!” He let go of me, and my body slid to the ground and I landed with a thump. I looked up at him, as he slammed his fist against a tree. That’s when I realized it : This is Itachi’s brother.

“Sasuke… Uchiha?” I mumbled in shock. His eyes shot towards me, full of anger. “Your… Alive?” I gasped. He grabbed my hair and stood me up. “Alive? Barely!” He yelled again. I tore his hand off my head, and pushed him back. 

“Does he know? My god he thinks your dead!” I shouted, shaking him. His eyes just became more scary, then he replied, “No he doesn’t. He kept me alive on purpose.” 

Then everything came flooding into me at once. This was his younger brother that he spared when he killed his whole family. I remember doing research about this, but I guess getting to know Itachi just rewired my brain to forget it! I let go of Sasuke, then stepped back. “Oh, right. Sorry.” I mumbled looking down.

He lifted my chin up, and got close to me. “Now listen to me. Your going to tell me everything you know about Itachi, or I won’ t hesitate to snap you like a twig. You understand?” I grinned at him, then replied, “You won’t stand a chance against me.”