Reborn

Everything that happened next all happened in a blur. I dashed away as fast as I could, but Itachi grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I protested and tried to escape, but he pulled me into him. He threw me over his shoulder, but I was able to kick him squarely in the chest, so he recoiled and dropped me. I got to my feet quickly, and for a moment time seemed to go in slow motion. Something, other than Itachi, grabbed me and ran off. I was so shocked from impact I didn’t react until a bit later. 

“I told you to get as far as you can.” A ruff voice whispered in my ear, giving me chills. I blushed, then buried my head in his cloak. “I’m sorry, Pein.” “Don’t be.” He replied. After hopping from tree to tree, trying to get away from Itachi, we finally stopped, in a large grass meadow with white flowers that glistened in the rain.

I sat in his lap as he stroked my head, whispering comforting things in my ears. He looked down at my face and frowned. He put his hand to my cheek, and stroked it softly. “Oh, Six,” he whispered, “what have I done?” I smiled, and brought my hand up to his cheek and held it. “You let me feel love again.” 

He smiled, and I could of sworn I saw a spark in his eye, but it vanished quickly. Then, I felt a very sharp pain from my side and head throbbed with tremendous pain. He put his forehead to mine, feeling the pain as I was. He kissed me once more, trying to keep me in consciousness as I was slowly slipping away. I literally felt the life slipping out of me as I kissed back. I felt a drop trickle down my cheek, and I opened my eyes to see that he was crying. And eventually, I started crying to.

Then I really started remembering my life. I remembered running away, Danzo taking me in, me meeting Number Three. I remembered when I followed Deidara. My skirmish with him, Sasori, Hidan, and Kakuzu. Me meeting Pein for the first time. The mission I went on with Itachi. Going back to Orochimaru. Meeting Sasuke. Kissing Sasuke. It all passed through me so quickly I lost my breath. I couldn’t breath. 

I didn’t try to catch my breath because I knew it was my end. So I just watched my chest move in aggravation as it yearned for air. I looked up at Pein, who just cradled me and cried into my chest. Since I was able to reach, I kissed the tips of his hair, and gasped out, “Pein. When…. I’m gone….. I need you to do a few things for me.” He nodded, sobbing. “Tell Deidara he’s the best enemy one could have. Tell Hidan he needs… a life…. Tell Itachi he was the greatest friend, but emphasize the ‘was’. And to you, Pein,” I gasped, quickly loosing air, “I thank you for showing me feeling again. For letting me speak.” Then, as the last word slipped, everything went black.

-----------------

I opened my eyes to be gasping for air like a fish out of water. It didn’t take me that long to realize I wasn’t dead, and even more then that. I didn’t feel injured at all. I actually felt… Twice as better than I had ever felt before! Like adrenaline was shot directly into my veins. I leaped up, smiling at the feeling of being energetic, and found it extremely hard to keep still. 

I looked around, and discovered I was in a small room. I knew I was somewhere in the hideout because of how the room was designed, but I just wasn’t exactly sure which room. I knew it wasn’t Pein’s. It wasn’t Itachi’s either….

I then felt a sudden chill, that made me flinch to the cold air. I looked all around to try and find the source, and found a figure in the far corner. How couldn’t of I felt him?

“What d’you want?” I stuttered through the energy.  The seconds felt like hours as I waited for him to respond.  “Why, you don’t remember me? Oh, come on little Six, it wasn’t that long ago.”  My head spinned as I tried to focus. “Huh?” I asked in confusion, holding my throbbing head. 

The figure started to move towards me, and I could feel his grin creep across to me. He hit the light and I immediately recognized Madara, and stepped back a few feet. “Y-you? Why are you here? Why am I here?” I asked impatiently, sitting back on the bed I was on before. I gripped the sheets as I tried to keep balance. He chuckled, sounding like a distant muffle to my ears. “Is that the way you should be treating your savior? I saved your life, you know. But of course, I didn’t do it for you, it was for me.” He put his thumb to my chin and lifted my drowsy head to meet his. 

“How are you feeling, beloved?” He asked, grooming my head with his free hand. If I hadn’t felt so dazed and weak I would of pried his hands off, but I just calmly replied, “Tired and weak. Why’d you save me?” 

He smiled and softly pecked my lips. “Because for my entertainment, dear. You’re the source of it. And I would be devastated if I lost you.” Then, the energy started to flow again, and I grabbed his collar and shoved him back. “Why do I have to be your entertainment? Why not someone else?” He stood up, and brushed some dirt off of his cloak. He then moved toward me with incredible speed, making my head hurt. He toward over me, so I was looking directly into his chest. He pressed me against his body, and he whispered, “Because, I chose you from the very beginning. No, let me rephrase that, you found me from the very beginning.” 

It was true. When I was young, I was tricked into trusting him, and I ended up living with him for about a year. I was around twelve when this happened, and I can’t quite remember how old he was. Around twenty-four I presume….

“So what? I was young, and you were slick.” I replied, aggravated. He chuckled, then said, “That may be true. But look at you now! Your grown up! And you turned out so beautiful as well.” He kissed my hair. I cringed slightly. “Yeah, and you turned out to be thirty-four years old.” I sighed.

“Correct. Now, I really want you to try and grasp the situation. What do you think just happened?” “Uh, I was just sexually harassed?” He laughed, then replied, “No. I meant before you woke up.” 

“Well, I was helped somewhat by my greatest enemy. Then I was betrayed by my best friend. Then I died in my lovers arms.” “Good, good. Now, what if I told you the real reason all of that happened? Why you were betrayed? Why you were close to death?” 

“I’m listening…” I dug my face into his cloak and sucked in a breath. He smiled.