Closer

I really hate different point of views. I apoligize if this is not accurate.

---Pein’s POV---

“Where have you been?” I asked her, still stroking her soft hair. “Busy,” she chuckled, then held me tighter. I looked down at her, then led her further into my- our bedroom. I looked down are her… strange wound. “What happened?” I asked, running my fingers over it, making her recoil slightly. “I honestly don’t know.” She replied, looking deeply into my eyes. “I think it could be-… Never mind.” “What?” “Well, I think it was Sasuke Uchiha…” My mind raced at the sound of his name. “Itachi’s brother.” I repeated. She nodded slowly, then rapped her arms around me once again. 

I hugged her back, then said, “But we really need to fix that.” Gesturing to her wound. She shrugged, then replied with a smile, “It’s cool. I’m sure I can self-heal myself soon enough.” I shouldn’t of believed her. I should of helped her. But I thought since she’s done it before…. Maybe should could do it again….

We spent the next few hours talking. She told me about her adventures with Sasuke and her discoveries of Orochimaru. The sound of her voice rang in my ears as I watched her mouth move. I was so distracted, I should of realized that her wound was spreading. I could of stopped it. Everything was all my fault. My eyes went to Rennegan, without me meaning too. She noticed and looked concerned. “You ok?” She asked quietly.

I felt the need to grab her and run her away, take her to the farthest ends of the earth to keep her safe, but I didn’t. I should of. It would have been better. But I’m such an idiot, I didn’t believe it would help her. “No, everything’s fine. It just.. Does that sometimes.” I replied with a reassuring smile. She smiled back. She continued with her story, but I wasn’t paying attention whatsoever. I knew Itachi was telling the others about her wound. And I know they all just love that idea. It sickened me, off how nice they’ve been to her then they would-

“And then me and Sasuke made out and-”

“What?” I asked, gleaming at her. “Calm down, I was drunk and I didn’t know what I was doing. Trust me, I was more surprised then you were when I found out.” “How’d you find out?” “Sasuke of course.” “Then Sasuke was sober the whole time?” I’m sure that was Sasuke’s intentions. Getting her drunk then passing over poison. Itachi told me this before but I didn’t really think Sasuke would do it.

“Uh, yeah…” She replied innocently. I didn’t get mad at her, just the opposite. I grabbed her in another hug, and whispered, “I’m just glad your safe.” “I’m glad I’m back.” She replied. I held her tighter. I wanted to help her, so much. And to this day I don’t know why I haven’t. She could have been happy somewhere else right now. I loved her so much. And I’m putting her through all of this pain. I looked down at her again. She was getting taller. Before I could say anything else, I heard a knock on the door. “Come in.” I stated before the door slowly opened and Hidan walked in.

“Uh, Leader, Konan needs you for something.” Shit, that was the signal. I gripped Six’s cloak, but she didn’t seem to notice. “Hidan.” She said, smirking at him. He gave her a disgusted look, then went, “Oh, you again.” Hidan turned back to me for notification. I nodded, then said, “Be there in a minute.” Hidan nodded and backed out, leaving the room. I turned Six towards me, then whispered, “Listen to me. You need to leave. Now. Don’t ask any questions. I’m going to quietly guide you out, and you need to run, run as fast as you can as far away as you can. I don’t care where you go.” She looked confused, but after a while nodded, with a sad look on her face.

I peeked out the door, and checked to make sure it was clear. When I didn’t see anybody, I signaled her to follow me, and crept around corners. After a while I heard a few voices, and stopped cold. The voices got louder and closer, and eventually I met Itachi and Sasori as they came around the corner. Shit. They both spotted Six and smiled. They walked towards her and started talking to her, Six falling into their trap and smiling in return. It made me sick.

I grabbed Six’s wrist and pulled her down the hallway. “C’mon.” We were getting closer and closer to the entrance, my hopes were getting to high. When I saw Konan and Kakuzu blocking the entrance, my heart sank. I looked and Six, who held a nervous expression. “Konan, you have to move.” I said, looking at them intently. “We can’t let you do that, leader.” Kakuzu said, obviously grinning. Then I quickly ran up to Kakuzu, then grabbed his cloak and threw him behind me. I blocked Konan as Six took off, heading towards her freedom. I smiled.