TWO

"I'm Aurora." The older girl exclaimed joyfully, not noticing how confused Caroline seemed. "Miss Liz said you would help me." She heaved a loud sigh, sitting the girl down on her bed.

"My mom didn't mention that you were literally from the first century." She muttered under her breath, pulling clothes from her closet. "She did mention that you knew the Mikaelsons. How?" The blonde turned to see a rather conflicted Aurora.

"Well, they're my friends. Have you seen them?" The innocent tone of her voice made Caroline feel bad and she found herself having to turn away again and throw more clothes out to the girl.

"I haven't. Tell me about them." She carefully spoke. This was the girl that allegedly gave Klaus joy, not joy from a kill but from just being alive. Maybe she could be used for their good. Caroline glanced at her clock, groaning a little. "Actually, maybe you should talk while we go somewhere."

"Where?" Caroline smiled. While her mother found the questions slightly over the top, Caroline saw it as cute in a weird way. Maybe that was why her mother hated her so much now. They were polar opposites.

"A festival with my friends. You can meet them there."

Hopefully, she would see Klaus soon. Though it had been quite some time, she felt like she would die if she didn't see him soon. Though Caroline seemed quite nice and hopefully wouldn't mind showing her some hospitality.

"So I met Klaus and his family when I was young," Aurora spoke quietly as she got changed into the odd clothes. She looked back with furrowed eyebrows. "How do I do this?" She asked in confusion. It was weird, clasps and weird pull things.

Caroline sighed, helping the girl into clothes. How was it that she was actually from the first century? From what she could tell, Aurora didn't have any knowledge of vampires or what was going on so what was she doing here?

"Thank you." Aurora curtsied the best she could in jeans before smiling brightly. "As I was saying. I met their family because we lived in the same village. See, Rebekah is a few years younger than I am and our parents really were encouraging us to be friends. And so we became rather close friends which attracted her family of course. I understood her, being the only girl in a large family." Caroline smiled slightly, though it was hard to imagine a kind Mikaelson family.

"That sounds nice." Caroline murmured as she opened a car door for the brunette. There was a moment's pause before she climbed in awkwardly.

"It was! I really enjoyed time with their family. When my mother passed away they were quite helpful with grief. I relied on them. Then I just kind of realized I was in love." She smiled a little, lips part a little bit. She licked her lips nervously. "I hadn't been betrothed to anyone, nor been in love with somebody before yet I knew the feeling so clearly. I loved him so much it hurt to stray."

"Who?" Caroline asked though she was sure she knew. Of course, Klaus had been in love with somebody yet she figured it would be another bloodsucking vixen.

"Niklaus..." Her voice slipped to a thoughtful tone. "I wished to marry him as did he. Though something happened before I could." She looked out the window to the town. "I'm not sure what. I just kind of fell asleep, I guess. I thought I would wake up with him standing over me and we could just be in love and that would be it. Love would end it all."

"Love sucks." Caroline sighed, looking over. "I'm sorry that it didn't work out." She said, smiling in an off way before finally parking her car.