NINE

The smell of gross ashy woods and terrifyingly still moments set the girl's mood of fear. She disliked what was happening to everything and she felt as though Stefan was simply ignoring any chance of social time with them. Though Klaus, with his hand intertwined with his loves, seemed intent on making the male talk and chose the specific moment to speak up.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked, his hand twitching a little in Aurora's hand but they still were walking happily together and she didn't even seem to notice.

"I'm fine." He said stoically. Aurora glanced over with a worried look.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..."

"Yeah! The last person I carried was only eight and I still struggled with it." She said with wide eyes. Stefan looked at her with a briefly softened look but it went stone very soon.

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, Klaus, it'd be great." Aurora was still looking at him with a conflicting look which made him stare back in confusion. "Not you Aurora." He finally said and she grinned at him with a joyous look. Klaus ignored it and rolled his eyes a bit.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Klaus stated bored as Stefan looked over harshly and spoke a retort.

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." Aurora mentally agreed with Stefan as she was terribly exhausted from everything. Yet Klaus was oddly chipper.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There." The trio stopped. The camp had been found. Stefan looked at Klaus before he nodded once and Stefan walked out to the camp still holding Ray in his arms.As soon as he stopped and people were looking at him, he tossed the body down.

"Ray! Oh, my God." Aurora was pushed a little and she stumbled out. The stoic Stefan looked over in confusion and she forced a brave look. "What's going on? Who are you?" The same lady called out to them and within moments the final member of their trio stepped out with a devilish look.

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus." His hand wrapped around Aurora's in an oddly comforting way. She didn't know that the werewolves were actually scared of her because she was holding hands with the devil himself.

"You're the hybrid." They all appeared to be confused by that statement.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic."

Within moments the trio was sitting and the others were standing around him. Klaus spoke but Aurora, who was sitting beside him, didn't listen. The girl instead was watching Ray curiously as if this was all some sort of trial. She wanted to see him awaken and hopefully would just be a calm hybrid like Klaus appeared to be.

"It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." She had tuned in just in time so that he could explain the part she had been curious about recently. This entire thing was rather odd to hear, however. And at the exact moment her eyes were taken away from him, Ray awoke. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?" Ray groaned and Aurora assessed her hopes were not going to happen. It was obvious he was not a 'normal' hybrid.