EIGHT

Every single time a dart sailed towards Ray there was a squeak of shock. Aurora would throw her head to the side to bury her head into the shoulder of her love. He didn't flinch, however, staring straight at them instead with a grin. He found this absolutely wonderful and had no doubt that this would work. All of his plans would work.

"Ray, you can end this right now. Just tell me where your pack gathers for the full moon." Stefan said, the last dart having made Roy scream out in pure agony. As Aurora kept her head buried with fear in her lover's chest she had an odd epiphany.

"Klaus, he won't. You know he won't." She said, voice cracking a little as she thought about what would happen to Ray when he refused even more. Klaus' grin simply grew even wider at that idea. It made her grip his shirt tighter. "Klaus, stop this. He's a werewolf, not a mass murderer."

"No." He said coldly, her eyes widening as she looked up at him. " 'Rory, I've spent years upon years trying to figure out how to break this damned curse and get myself an army. An army of people like me. I'm not stopping now." She drew in a shaky breath as the wolf let out scream before he yelled something out.

"I can't." He seemed to be panting with anger and fear. "I can't, okay?" He yelled out. Aurora's head peaked out to look curiously. Stefan glanced back at Klaus and Aurora, his eyes locking with hers to see the raw fear in her eyes.

"I know, I know, you live by a code and all that." He said it with outstretched arms. He walked closer, grinning a little. "But see, he's not going to let me stop until you tell me and I do whatever he says. That's the way it goes around here." A girl stepped up to Klaus with a timid look. Aurora glanced over with a confused expression.

"Hello Mr. Klaus. I have some information for you. He told me to tell you that he saw that guy's brother Damon at the farmhouse." The girl with eyes on the ground spoke quietly. She didn't seem to understand what was happening, she just knew what she had to do.

"Well, thank you, Claudine." Klaus said like she was a baby. "You just tell your friends to keep up the good work with the neighborhood watch, huh?" Aurora watched him with a curious look and he smiled halfheartedly at her. "Don't you worry, Rory."

"My brother's still on our trail?" Stefan asked as he walked up to them with a stony look.

"He's getting closer. I'm going to have to deal with that." Klaus said, humming a little as he seemed to glance at the bartender. "Do you want a drink, Aurora?" She looked up with a confused look but nodded a little.

"No, no, no. Let me handle it." Stefan said quickly, knowing how vicious Klaus was. The hybrid had finished his order for the naive girl, now looking at him boredly. He didn't want to lose his pawn.

"Why should I let you leave?" He said, grabbing the drink as soon as it came out and shook it a little. He handed it to Aurora who simply stared at it in confusion.

"'Cause you know I'll come back."

"Do I?" Klaus taunted with an odd look in his eyes.

"You saved my brother's life. I'm in your service." Stefan said, staring at him unblinking.

"Oh, that almost sounds sounds so tedious and indentured. Aren't you even having the least bit of fun?" His grip around Aurora noticeably tightened. He chose to add one last part, "You are spending time with a girl more beautiful than any of the doppelgangers you give you time too. What's to hate?" Aurora looked up from the glass with wide eyes, the term of doppelgangers unfamiliar. Her eyes locked with Stefan's yet his were cold.