FIVE

"Can we get some fast food?" Aurora asked as she pulled her shirt over her head. Klaus shrugged as he collected his things from around their hotel room. He glanced over his shoulder, quickly looking back to his hands. "I really liked the last thing that we had." She furrowed her eyebrows. "I can't quite remember the name." She turned, finishing pulling her shirt on with a bright smile.

He finally turned back, smirking at her slightly. She seemed to love Florida from their short stay, excited to go out in the sunlight. That was just how she had been since her reawakening.

"McDonalds?" She nodded, eyes brightening as she giggled slightly. "Hey babe, when are we leaving?" He smiled at her new pet name, motioning for her to come closer. She smiles a little as she walks towards him with a sweet smile.

"This afternoon." He smiles slightly, leaning down and kissing her sweetly. "Are you happy here?" She nodded a little. "I'm glad." She broke out into a smile, hands lacing with his as she swayed slightly.

"I love you." She whispered, his eyebrows twitching to furrow down for a moment before he smiled. "What?"

"We've never said that to one another." Her eyes widened before her smile reached her eyes. "I wanted to be the first to tell you." She laughed, opening her mouth to start talking. "I love you too." He said, the words foreign in his mouth. He didn't love anybody usually. And therefore the idea of telling the girl he constantly referred to as 'the love of his life' was rather odd. Though, he still loved her.

The couple smiled at one another happily, their smiles seeming to light up the room. A loud knock rang through the room and the young girl jumped slightly. Klaus kissed her temple, walking off towards the door. He flicked the cover of the peephole off, glancing out to look at the awaiting Stefan.

"Aren't we leaving soon?" He said through the door. Klaus let out a noise of anger. He opened the door, Stefan looking bored.

"Perhaps." The hybrid turned with a raised eyebrow. "Why must you worry so much Stefan? Relish in the moment!" He raised his arm and when he went to lower them, his love was by his side. She smiled warmly at Stefan.

"Yeah! Do you wanna go buy things?" She leaned forward with a grin. Her grin was almost comical, bouncing her head in joy. Stefan didn't respond, which she took as a yes.

"Love." She looked up, eyebrows furrowed. "Not today." She deflated a little but still smiled. "We'll check out in two hours. Pack your things." He said, motioning for Stefan to leave them be.

"Goodbye!" She called, waving happily as he walked out and shut their door. In seconds, she was up against the wall. Klaus was looking down at her with a smirk. She blinked innocently, eyes wide. Her cheeks broke out in a pink blush and she found herself breathless.

"W-w-what're you doing?" She nervously stuttered. He simply smirked, hands wrapped around her waist tightly. "Klaus." She started but he shook his head smiling slightly.

"I've missed you." He said quietly. She blinked wildly as he lowered his head to kiss her. She felt frozen in place as his lips touched hers. He pulled back from her for a moment, looking confused. She looked worried and he frowned a little. Her eyes widen.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "I just don't know how to react to this." She said in a rushed, quiet voice. He nodded a little.

"It's okay, love." He looked off, trying to think over his next words. "I understand." He smiled a little, kissing her forehead gently.

"Is that bad?" She asked quietly, eyes following his figure as he grabbed things up. "I don't want to ruin things but this is just rather different than when we were first together." He chuckled lowly, shaking his head.

She still seemed worried however, sitting down on her bed with nervous motions.

"I'm just thinking about this, because I'm back for you and I don't know what I'll do if I lose you Klaus." He wanted to compel her, help her understand. See his way. But he couldn't. He had taken that choice from many people but as he saw her reflection in the mirror, he was unsure if he could do that to her. She may never forgive him if he did something like that.

He should try though. Even if it was skewed his way, she would feel better about this. Klaus looked at his hand, unclenching the fist to see blood there. He had made himself bleed. He watched it heal before turning to see her watching him curiously.

"Are you okay?" She quietly asked and he walked towards her slowly. He nodded when he was in front of her, looking into her eyes calmly. "It's just..." She tried to think of the right word. "Your face kind of transformed? I'm not sure what it was." She said, fidgeting awkwardly.

"Have you ever seen me as I am?" He asked, her head shaking quickly. "Do you want to see?" She didn't respond, staring at him for a moment before nodding.  A smile broke out, something so casual for her.

He swallowed, knowing his own control. So he stared at her, feeling the veins pulse outwards and his canines elongate in a painful way. He was watching her curiously, waiting for a response.

"Oh... my." She whispered and then came the fear. She scrambled away, seeming shocked.  At first Klaus was confused before he remembered what he was. "I'm sorry." He had returned to normal and was staring at her. "I'm sorry, I just didn't expect that." She took his hands as she crawled towards him on the fluffy bed.

He raised her hand to his lips, pressing them down. He had done this many times but this was different. He looked up.

"It's not worth fretting." She looked lost for a moment. "Our love is worth more than that." He said with a growing wicked grin.