TEN

[you guys this is the part when rebekah and aurora are reunited ヽ( ・∀・)ノ]

"Why are we in Chicago again?" Aurora asked curiously as she walked beside the two males. Klaus didn't really glance at her but she continued. "I don't even know where Chicago is! Or where anything is, actually." Klaus finally stopped to look over at her.

"I told you that you would see Rebekah soon." He calmly said which made her whole demeanor glow. "That will be today." He stated with a smile. Stefan's eyes widened a little in surprise at that fact and he looked at Klaus with a stoic look.

"Are you kidding?" Aurora blurted out. "Oh my lord, oh my lord!" She gradually got louder as she grabbed Klaus' hands and pulled him closer. "Really? I get to see Bekah again?" He nodded once and she grinned widely. "Oh, Niklaus! I'm so happy!" She grabbed his cheeks, kissing his lips quickly and then again and again. He simply forced his smile down to ensure Stefan didn't see the true joy he was getting from every small kiss that she pushed onto his lips.

"As for you, welcome back to Chicago, Stefan," Klaus said with a tired smile on his face as he forced himself away from Aurora to look at Stefan.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked and Aurora, bless her heart, walked a few feet ahead of him to look around with wide brown eyes that sparkled like a deep liquor that couldn't be seen through or seen into. She was a work of art and Klaus, despite maintaining his conversation, wondered why he had never been able to properly paint her as he always wished to. Every time he picked up a paintbrush to start and paint her curled brown tresses and her warm skin he would just rip straight through the canvas because it was too delicate for his harsh hands to deal with. Aurora would look straight at him with her lovingly warm eyes that he wanted to look at for hours, days, weeks, years, centuries, millenniums, eternity. He loved her deeply and that could be considered his biggest weakness.

"Aurora?" Klaus said as he waited to step into the car. She looked back and her face visibly dropped at the sight of an open door of a car.

"Are we really leaving already?" She said in a sad tone and he shook his head once. "O-kay..." She said quietly as she walked towards him with a sigh before following him into the car where the three of them smushed together in pure silence for the entire ride. Stefan glanced over at the pretty girl and then at Klaus. Humanity-less life was more fun for him yet there were certain things he knew not to do. One of which was becoming an oddly strong urge and it was to drink from the only human he was still around. He was so deep in his ripper life that he wanted to do the same to Aurora despite her being his friend now. He closed his eyes tightly and sighs deeply as he forced the thoughts away and instead tried to focus on the things that used to make him happy.

Klaus caught the slight glance to his lover and took her hand while they were driven to dear Gloria's bar. He would ask about the vomiting blood when Stefan wasn't around because otherwise, the male would most likely someday use that against him. Aurora didn't notice any of it as she stared out the window of the passing buildings. How did technology get this far? She didn't seem as confused as she used to be but now, looking at this huge city made by technology she would never understand, she felt out of place. She truly felt that the world was moving without her and her whole world seemed to be folding in slowly. The car slowed to a stop and Klaus waited for his driver to open the door for them. Aurora scooted out and stumbled a little as she looked at the bar in front of them.

"What's this?" She said with a childlike expression. Klaus didn't respond but stood beside her.

"A bar." Stefan coolly said as he brushed past her and pulled open the front door for the other two. Klaus gave him an odd look before he pulled Aurora in after him and didn't get to see the way Stefan watched him with an unreadable look.