Chapter 2: Estella

Before she goes blonde

   -------------------------------------------------------

I say good bye to all of the friends I meet on the way out of the building. "Wow, look at you, ms. popular." My new mom, Juliette, says. "he he, no not really," I chuckle. "There are a few changes you need to know, your name will now be Estella Burke, I know, I changed your first name, but you'll thank me, your cousin's name is also Christina and so are a bunch of people at your new school," She says. I don't know what to say so so i just nod and follow her out the door.  

   "Are you going to miss this place?" She asks me. "Yeah, especially the people, speaking of people, can I go to this park first before we go? I've got to say bye to some people," I ask. "Sure, is it far, or can we walk or what?" she asks. "it's not that far away, just around here somewhere," I assure her. We walk through a few feet to where the orphanage park is. "Can you stay here for a while?" I ask Juliette. "Yeah, sure." she agrees. I spot Kenneth hanging around his friends, dribbling a basketball. I start to run his direction when he looks up and waves. I smile and run his way. "Chris, you decided to join the par-" he begins, but i cut him off with a hug. 

   "Whoa there, I've only been gone for an hour or something," he says. I let go of him and look into his smiling eyes. "I just got adopted," I say. His smile goes away for a second but then gets bigger. "Well that's great, you've always wanted that, right?" He says putting his hands on my shoulder, looking down at me. "I'm leaving right now," I say feeling a little bump rise in my throat, tears stinging my eyes. "What right now? doesn't it like take a while to do all of that, like paper work and stuff?" He says. "I don't know, but I've got to go, i'll miss you," I say for the third time today. "Are you sure you're getting adopted and didn't hit your big head on something and now you think someone wants you?" Kristi says walking up to me. 

  "Oh, shut up Kristi, i'm tired of your shit." I say to facing her. "What the hell did I do to her?" she says. I roll my eyes and before I can say anything to Kenneth, Juliette calls me. "Estella, we're going to be late," she says waving. "Wait, i'm coming," I reply weirded out by being called Estella for the first time. "Why is she calling you Estella?" Kenneth asks. "She changed my name, Because there are too many Christina's in the world," I say glaring at Kristi, who rolls her big blue eyes. "I've gotta go," I say giving Kenneth a hug. He hugs me back and whispers, "Don't forget this family," This time my tears spill out of my eyes and the lump grows bigger. 

   "Well, good bye," I finally say after what seems to be forever. "Okay, go on." Kenneth sighs. I wipe my tears and turn around. "bye, Christina," I hear some other people say. I wave to all of them and meekly say "bye," I walk to where Juliette stand holding my suitcase. "Okay, I'm ready," I say. "Aw, I feel bad, I mean, i'm like taking you away from your friends and stuff..." Juliette says. "No, it's fine, i'll miss them but..." I say. "Okay, where's the front of the Orphanage? your dad's waiting in the front," she smiles, "Wow it feels weird saying that." "It's this way," I say smiling. 

   I walk to the front of the orphanage where a lot of cars are parked out in the front. "There's is our ride," Juliette points to a black limo. I look at the car surprised. "Wow, that car looks so..." I look for the right word, "Cool!" I say giving up from finding a bigger better word. "Is it?" She says walking to the car. When we get to the car, a tall man wearing a black tuxedo with thick black hair and dark glasses comes out of the drivers side. "Hi," I say shyly to what I assumed was my new father. The man smiles and opens the door for us. 

     "This is our chauffeur, Dave, he will be driving you places, until you get a car or something," Juliette says. I look at the chauffeur with eyes as wide as a saucer. "Oh, a chauffeur?" I say. "Yeah," Juliette smiles at me like a kindergarten teacher talks to her kids "Get in," she says. I climb in the open car behind Juliette. When i'm sitting I look around and find a very handsome man sitting in the far right side. his blue Eyes look up from his phone and smiles. "Hello, whats your name?" He says. "Chris-- I mean Estella," I reply. "Ah, Estella, did Juliette change your name?" He asks suspiciously. "Oh it's fine, I like Estella just fine I say