Chapter 3: Changes

It would've taken me longer but the woman finishes in less then fifteen minutes. She lets me look in the mirror again and this time I like my new hair a little more. I kind of look like Juliette with my green eyes and pouty lips. If you didn't know I was adopted, you could've believed I really was Juliette's daughter, even I would believe it even if I knew It wasn't true. "Woah, you so look like your mom!" Courtney says. "Thanks," I say taking it as a compliment. 

    "Now, someones about to do your makeup," Courtney says. "Ooh, I love it when people do my makeup," I say. "I know right!" Courtney says. I sit in a chair while Courtney talks to the man. The man comes over and examine's my face. "Hmm, you would look good with either autumn, winter, or summer makeup, like nude lips with dark... I'll just show you mhm?" The man opens his rather large makeup bag. He starts with my eyes.

     I see mascara, eyeliner and some eye shadow coming out. He first applies white eye shadow on my top eyelid, then adds a coat of eyeliner on my top lid. Before I know it, my eyes are covered with make up and the man is applying nude lipstick on my lips. Three coats later, he hands me a mirror. I look pretty good if I have to say so myself. He gave me cat eyes and smokey eyes at the same time, making my green eyes pop. I smile at the man, "Thank you!" I say. "No problem Hun, your face was already beautiful and I didn't have to do much," he smiles. 

     I smile as the man walks away. Right after the man turns the corner Juliette walks in the room. "Ah!" She squeals. I stand up smiling. "You look so pretty!" Juliette comes over and hugs me. "Thank you," I say smiling. "Did, you see the dress in your closet? I picked it out for you, lets go try it on, thanks Courtney," Juliette says pulling me away. I follow Juliette back to my room. She opens the closet and goes straight for the dress. She holds it up and tells me to try it on. She leaves me in the closet while I try it on. 

   The dress fits me perfectly and hugs me in the right places. It's mostly tight but also really comfortable. I walk out of the closet to show Juliette. She looks up from her phone to look at me. "Oh my!" She says coming up to me, "You look so pretty!" She says. "Thank you," I blush. "Lets take a selfie," She says her eyes wide. "Sure," I say. She grabs her phone from the bed we both smile for the camera. "How precious, Now a silly picture," She says. I cross my eyes and stick out a little of my tongue, Juliette gives a goofy smile and also crosses her eyes. 

  "Ah, you know how long I've wanted to do this! I've always wanted a daughter to do this with, now I've got one!" She squeals. "And I've always wanted a mother to do this with," I say. "Awe, ooh people are starting to come!" She says running back into the closet. She brings out black ankle, wedge heel boots. "Those are so cute," I gush. "Wear them," Juliette says. "Okay," I say grabbing the shoes. The shoes are not a perfect fit, but they feel good. "I like them," I say. 

   "I know right, So cute!" She reply's. "Julie---Mom, Thanks, for everything," I say. "No, Thank you!" She reply's. I follow mom back down stairs where people began come into the living room. "Juliette,!" A Woman gushes and comes over with what seemed to be her husband. "Is this the precious daughter of your?" She asks looking at me. The woman looked really pretty, with a tad too much make up on. "Yes, this is, Estella, This is Mrs. and Mr. Josephs," Mom introduces them. "Hello," I say shaking their hands.

  "Wow, nice hand shake," Mr. Josephs tells me. "Thank you, so do you sir," I reply. Mrs. Josephs asks mom where to put the gift that she holds in her hand. Mom points to a table that already has three gifts on. "She's a butcher with a smile, she looks real nice, but she'll stab you in the back if you don't watch your back," Mom whispers. "oh," I say chuckling. "Has Courtney told you about the rules thing?" Mom asks. "Yeah, boarding school," I say. "Okay good,"She nods. 

    More people come in the house with gifts. A Woman with black hair walks in with her husband and a few people behind her that I can't see. "Hello Juliette, Is that your girl!" The woman hugs mom then hugs me. I smile. "My you look just like your mother! oh and your father, I can definitely see that you resemble James," The woman says. "Thank you," I say smiling. "This is my best friend, Olivia or Mrs. Chambers and this is her husband Mitchell, Mr. Chambers," mom says. "Hello, I'm Estella," I say.