Chapter One

Helloooo, hope you enjoy this story and happy christmas

Vote, Fan, Comment, Ignore, just enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~

"And Potter catches the snitch!" the commentator shouted causing me to stop dead in the air. "Gryffindor 390 Ravenclaw 200; Gryffindor win!"

Sweat poured from my body as I watched him, Oliver Wood. Hovering just above the ground cheering and laughing as his team grinned happily and their house roared, with a smile he looked over at me intent on shaking my hand; as Captain of Ravenclaw it was my duty to be a fair loser. But I simply couldn't do it and I threw my broom to the ground. Again he had beaten me, and again he had taunted me and tortured me without even realising he was doing so.

Deep down, so far down that I barely know it myself; I know the reason he always beats me and why I always want to react as I've just done so... I like to see him smiling, especially the one when he saves a goal. The lopsided one.

And it's starting to piss me off.

"Orme come on, let's not be a sore loser." He shouted over the cheers as he made his way closer.

"I'm not pissed off at you Wood." I spat, hating everything about my childish behaviour. "I'm pissed off at myself, I failed. AGAIN!"

My best friend Alexis grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the changing room. "Chill Anna, it's just a game." She soothed rolling her eyes, but I knew she was pissed we didn't win. "Why can't you score against Wood, you have no issues with anyone else." she stated as we got into the changing rooms and sat down on the benches alongside the lockers.

"He smiles at me before I shoot." I whispered and her lips tightened instantly.

"Don't be stupid Anna, he is a man-whore and isn't smiling at you for any other reason but to win the game." She spat ripping her robes off and throwing them into the locker, her short blonde hair sticking up on end as she stressed. "You need to suck it up Anna."

"Fine, I'll suck it up." I sighed shaking my head as my team looked disheartened and angry at me. "I'll work on our game plays; I'll work on not getting weak knees." I muttered storming out of the changing rooms, I could have sworn I heard Alexis start talking to the team, but I didn't care.

Grabbing the broom and quaffle I stalked out to the abandoned pitch before running some practise shots for myself.

"If you play like that during a game you might be able to get one past me." Oliver Wood said as he rose from the ground in front of me.

The lopsided grin wasn't in place and I was too angry with myself to look anywhere but at his uniform. Gryffindor, that bright red uniform which was the bane of my life, not only did they beat me at school but at home I was the only non-Gryffindor.

"Like you could catch one of these." I sneered angrily, he stiffened visibly but I didn't care, I wanted a fight.

We zoomed around the pitch at top speed; it felt good playing with someone at the same standard and skill as I am. I carefully shot the quaffle to his right he caught it easily, as I wanted him too, that grin popped onto his face, but this time I saw a cocky confidence beneath it, which I didn't like too much.

Every time I made a shot he slipped up more and more. As he barely caught every shot the smirk slowly fell from his face and my grin grew until he finally missed a shot.

"Like that Wood?" I laughed as he frowned throwing the quaffle harshly towards me. "Want more?"

"Try your best." he shot back, after half an hour of continuous shooting and goals, both of us were red faced and panting by the time we finally called it a day.