Chapter Fifteen

Read, Enjoy, Vote, Comment

Check out the external link for Anna's outfit!!

~~~~~~

I sat on the edge of the bed and stared out of the window, watching the sunset. I'd been doing this a lot this year, just sitting and watching the skies, thinking life through, I feel like I've gone through a midlife crisis and I'm still 17, nearly 18, but still.

In a few hours I'd be going next door for a huge Hogmanay party, nobody does New Year's like the scots. But what am I going to do about three people at that party, two are meddling buggers who just want to amuse themselves and one I want to be with but I can't let myself be near. Else I start to remember just how perfect he is.

Thank god Richard's come back for the party; he'll be on my side surely.

"Hello cousin." Richard grinned appearing in the doorway of the room I shared with Leah. "You looking forwards to your first Hogmanay?"

"Can I go back to school please?" I asked grinning up at him.

"Why, so you can have little Oliver all to yourself?"

"I hate Leah." I muttered turning away from him with my arms folded across my chest.

"It wasn't Leah, I saw Greg as I arrived he told me."

"Well I hate Greg too."

"So, you and Oliver hey?" he laughed falling onto the bed behind me. "When did that happen?"

"It didn't." I admitted, "It nearly did then fucking Martin and John made me paranoid and he bolted."

"Why did they make you paranoid?"

"That Sirius Black was seen in the castle and well Martin and John aren't good guys and I thought they'd be there. Martin was in the village and he threatened me so I knew he had been close."

"I never liked your brothers." He admitted. "But I like the Wood's."

"Thanks for that." I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Now get pretty so you can make Oliver feel like the twat he is for letting you go."

"You're biased." I stated and he shrugged as he left the room.

Well, might as well look nice even if he thinks I should hate him.

---

"Oh shit." The words came out under my breath as I walked out of the kitchen, Anna was taking her shoes off; her bum was sticking in the air, encased in what looked like leather trousers.

"Anna, straight into the kitchen with you when you're ready!" Mum said patting her bum as she spoke, "I always wanted two daughters."

"Thanks ma." I snorted and both women turned around to face me.

"Come on Ollie, when have you ever helped me cook?" mum smirked grabbing a hat off the side and ramming it down onto my head.

"I tried."

"And nearly burnt the house down, at least Claire doesn't even try." she kissed my cheek and walked off.

"At least I tried to help." I told Anna as she watched me, a half smile on her lips as she took off her coat. "You look nice."

"Thanks, I'll see you later?" her lips tightened and she squashed past me to get into the kitchen.

When I turned back to the front door, Richard was standing in the door way smirking at me, "You alright Richard?"

"I'm good, but how are you?" he asked, he was just like Greg.

"I'm good."

"I saw you staring at Anna's arse, but I'll tell you this. You think her brothers are bad: I'll be 1000 times worse." with that he grinned, smacked my shoulder and headed to where my mother's voice could be heard.

"Bonfire's ready!" Dad shouted as I put down the crate of beer down by the table. "Perfect timing Oll, crack one ya'self if you want."

"I am eighteen." I smirked and he shrugged passing me a bottle. "Where's Claire?"

"That sister of yours never tells me anything but I think she's going to her in-laws." He frowned as I smirked.

"Still got me." I stated and he smirked down at me.

"Doesn't look like we're getting rid of Greg either."

Soon everyone was standing around the bonfire chatting happily between themselves, enjoying the heat. I was talking to Dad, Greg and Uncle Toby about the world cup next year when Anna butted in. "I think Bulgaria will pull forwards and take at least to the semi's."

"Really now?" Uncle Toby laughed, patting her head. "That's alright lass, you fancy Victor Krum all you like but they won't do that well."

"I do not fancy Krum!" she exclaimed, "He's a Neanderthal."

"Anna was the Ravenclaw Captain." I said and both older men turned and nodded at her impressed.

"Was?"

"Bitch overthrew me." She spat as I laughed, "Don't you laugh at me; she's pure evil."

"Anna Orme, why haven't you got a hat on?" Kerry snapped walking past us, "This is Scotland not Somerset!"

"I'm fine, I don't need one." She sighed turning around to face her aunt, I pulled mine from my head and put it on hers before turning around and heading inside for another.

I couldn't stop the grin that washed over my face as I walked back towards the house, I don't know why but putting the hat on her head was some sort of accomplishment.

---

After Oliver had stuck his hat on my head, I settled on a bench with Leah and some of the other girls in the village who'd come too. My head was warm and I could smell him, just little wafts every now and then.

"Anna goes to the same boarding school as Oliver Wood." Leah stated to the surrounding girls, all of them gushed instantly.

"Have you seen him with his top off?" one asked and I laughed shaking my head. "I wish I could see him without his top off, bet he's rock hard."

"How old are you again?"

"Fifteen." She sighed, "Three years younger."

"And a league apart." Leah snorted making a few people cackle and snort. "I'm not being funny but Anna is the only one who'd even got a chance."

"Leah, shut up." I groaned burying my head in my arms as they continued to talk about Oliver Wood, occasionally drifting across to Greg. "I need a drink."

"Anna, come here." Richard shouted over, happy to escape I went stealing his beer as I arrived. "Do you fancy Oliver?"

"Why is that any of your business?" I said giving him his beer back. "What are you even trying to do?"

"Nothing, it's just a question." He shrugged then turned to me with a grin. "But, I got my answer."

"I hate you Rich." I muttered darkly as he laughed loudly.

"Do you happen to know I girl with blonde hair, big eyes who likes to squeal?" he asked randomly as I stole his beer once again, I nodded narrowing my eyes up at him. "Turn around and tell her you're my cousin."

"SOPH!" I shouted as Richard flung me at her, she was squealing happily. "What are you doing here?"

"Well Dan comes up every year for Hogmanay, and I live round the corner so I came to keep you company." She grinned.

"Lorna not here?" I asked with a frown, Dan without Lorna was practically unheard of now.

"No, she's with her grandparents in London."

"Oh well, I go you!"

"And I got you, now your cousin, am I allowed?"

"If you must, but first Leah will want to meet you." I grinned hooking my arm in hers and leading her back to the small circle of fifteen year olds.