Epilogue

Hey guys, as it's been said that the story didn't feel finished, i decided to give you a little epilogue, hope you all enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The hall was decorated in silver and blue metallic balloons, all of them floating a foot above the heads of the tallest occupant. Within the room about fifty or so people were sitting all smiling and greeting one another with kisses and hugs, the happiness of the occasion melting away any stress felt by the mother’s within the room.

“Speech!” Dan shouted out clanging a spoon in the side of his glass, “Speech, come on Ollie!”

Soon everyone else had cajoled the man of the day to stand and make a speech, all waiting for one of his famous one liner’s insulting someone without even meaning too, last time it had been the bride at a family wedding.

“When I first saw Anna on a broom I knew I was in trouble, not because she was stunningly beautiful and I fell in love on the spot, but because she was heading towards me with a look of determination of her lips and a quaffle in her hand. It’s only now that I look back and I realised I nearly missed that quaffle because I’d been giving her the once over.” Oliver grinned as Anna slapped the back of his legs. “And here we are now, eighty years later and I still love her as much as I always have done. I’ve never told anyone this before, but Anna you terrified me.

"We’ve been together since we were seventeen and I didn’t think we could do it but we did and it’s all because you got bored of waiting for me and took my by the hand and showed me the right way. And once again here we are now, with all of our children around us and their children and their children and even a great, great grandchild in the corner who’d blissfully still asleep. Happy Platinum Anniversary love, we did it.”

Anna pursed her lips against the laughter and tears that choked up her throat, she really didn’t think they’d get to this day in the past. But they did and they did it with a flare.

“Grandpa, can you play keeper?” our youngest grandchild asked, his fifteen year old eyes sparkling just as Ollie’s used to when he was fifteen.

“George, he’s a little old for that.” Anna stated, taking her grandson’s hand and pulling him over, “But I’m not too old for a kiss.”

With a laugh George kissed her cheek, “I want to be just like you two when I’m older. You’re the perfect grandparents.”

Anna started to tear up again as she gave him a squeeze before he darted off again. “I knew you were soft really, always did.” Oliver chuckled kissing her quickly.

“I should hope so, seventy years of marriage is a long time.” She grinned, “So divide and conquer?”

“As always darling; rendezvous at the cake table in half an hour to cut it?”

“As always.” She smiled heading straight for the corner with the newest addition of the family in it. “Give me a cuddle!” she grinned lifting her great, great grandson out of his pushchair and against her chest. “He looks just like you did, except with more hair.” She teased her eldest great grandson Evan, who simply grinned back.

“What’s your secret?” the mother of the baby asked putting a hand on her arm, “You two are so in love after so many years, it can’t have been easy.”

“I saw him die in front of my eyes, well obviously he didn’t. But I thought he had, and my heart broke into so many tiny pieces I thought I was going to die too. Hell your Aunt Soph had to carry me to safety I was in bits!” she gasped reliving the horror and fear at loosing Ollie, “I can’t remember what happened next but I killed that bastard who killed Ollie only for the bloody sod to walk into the room a second later with a bandage around his chest.”

“And then she smacked him.” Adam her eldest son laughed kissing her cheek, “I always loved that story, set’s the relationship down pretty accurately.”

“Hmm, your father found it funny too.” She stated through pursed lips as she passed the baby back to his parents. “He’s so beautiful, congratulations.”

“You’re our role model you know Nana.” Evan stated before she left, “We may be young, but so were you and you did it perfectly.”

“Oh Evan, I know you will too.” She grinned patting his cheek before allowing Adam to lead her to where he was sitting with his granddaughters.

“Go on girls, give Nana your present.” He grinned wrapping an arm around Anna’s shoulders; Adam’s granddaughter’s lived with him since their mother had gone AWOL a few years previously. Anna couldn’t be prouder; she’d raised a good man.

“We made you a photo album!” The youngest declared bouncing on the spot, “This one’s for you, and we’ve made another for Grandpa.”

“We’re in it.” The second youngest added with a grin, “Right here.”

“Oh yes you are, how beautiful.” She grinned kissing their cheeks, “Now who do you take after?”

“You!” all four chorused with big gappy grins.

“Ellie’s got another surprise for you mum; girls take Nana into the back room.” Adam grinned as Anna laughed in surprise and allowed herself to be lead

---

“Dad, look at Mum.” Michael stated suddenly, breaking over the conversation as he pointed across the hall, “Ellie found her wedding dress.” Ollie beamed with pride as he looked at his wife, still looking perfect in her modified wedding dress, with sleeves this time.

“Look what Ellie did!” Anna laughed as Ollie made her spin around in a circle before him. “Whatever gave her this idea I have no clue.”

“I might have said that I’d marry you all over again if I had the chance, and what a better place than at our seventieth anniversary?”

Anna’s lip wobbled and she felt twenty again, looking into his eyes showing all the love they’d shared and that spark that had pushed them together in the first place, “Ollie, I love you.”

“I know, this time it was my idea not yours.” He grinned taking her hand and leading her out of the French doors, “You did mention you liked the garden.”

“We love you.” Ellie grinned appearing between them and kissing their cheeks, “You’re the best people in the entire world and we wanted to be a part of your wedding, so congratulations.”

“We even got you a room in the hotel for tonight.” Michael added, “You two will be exhausted from the excitement in an hour or two and need a nap.”

“We have the best children.” Anna grinned.

“I know, that’s why I gave them to you.” Oliver grinned as he walked up the aisle with his bride to do everything perfectly, all over again. “If only we had another seventy years.”

“We’ve got forever.”