Chapter Ten.

Hey guys, would just like to know how you think this story is going and if you'd want me to change owt -- so comment or message me please?!?!

otherwise, Read, enjoy  as usual

~~~~~~

I lazed on the edge of my bed waiting for the other two to finish their beautifying so we could get on with the day, but they weren't having it, they were after another type of fish.

"Are you still going to the ball?" Sophia asked as she carefully rimmed her eyes with eyeliner. "Because I'm not going with anyone, you can so be my date."

"I don't fancy it." I shrugged popping a sugar mouse into my mouth.

"Don't lie to me." she smirked waving a lip gloss at me. "I've seen the way you look at Oliver Wood, it's the same way I look at Victor Krum, I swear if I got my hands on him-"

"He'd never be seen again." Lorna cut in grinning. "She'd lock him in her attic and use him whenever she needed a jar opening..."

"You are sick Miss Lewis." I laughed throwing her a pack of jelly beans. "Have you got any more of those fizzy cola laces?"

"No we finished them last week; I'll get mum to send us another box." Sophia grinned; she'd been getting them sent each month since we started Hogwarts. "Lorna, does Dan know if Wood likes Anna?"

"No he doesn't, I wrote him a love letter for another girl. He doesn't like me." I said and they both pouted sadly at me. "I can't say no to him, it's impossible."

"Like scoring a goal . . . what did you say?" Sophia sighed day dreaming again.

"I know it's strange but I can't say this to you just in fear that you'll say no and I'll never be able to talk to you again, but I really like you, everything about you makes me feel comfortable even when I'm hundreds of feet in the air. Will you go to the Halloween ball with me next week?" I grumbled annoyed with myself that I remembered every single word.

"You are so soppy Miss Orme." Sophia sighed as Lorna suppressed a laugh. "And Romantic, how have you never had a boyfriend?"

"Two very large and annoying brothers?" I asked smiling at her.

"Soph, can you do my hair for the ball?" Lorna asked ending the joke and carrying on with life.

As the other two carried on talking about hair and makeup, my mind drifted off and its usual place was fixed on the second to last game of quidditch I played, flying around the pitch in my uniform that fit to perfection, the free feeling of flying high over the ground and the queasy yet amazing feeling of looking at Oliver's smile.

Then hearing his voice say the one word that melted my knees; Anna, the way he says my name, the way his mouth forms the word. Anna.

"Anna?" Lorna asked, she was looking at me while Sophia giggled, holding her stomach. "Why are you mouthing your name?"

"I'm not." I shot standing up and shoving a load of sweets in my mouth. "I'm chewing."

"Liar!" Lorna stated.

"You're day dreaming about Wood." Sophia whispered jumping up from her vanity and falling next to me. "You are definitely going to the ball and with our help you'll snag your man."

"He's not mine!" I protested but they had already got out a wad of parchment and some pencils. "Oliver Wood does not like me; he's going to ask out some other girl."

"Yeah yeah." Lorna laughed throwing a sweet at me, "First things first, we need to get the dress."

"Oh, the dress!" Sophia laughed eagerly, "I know just what to do."

"Sophia, I can't wear that!" I gasped looking at the dress in my friends hands; it was low cut and had a slit up the leg.

After writing out a game play for themselves in an effort to get me to go with Oliver, may I had I hadn't been allowed to even look over their shoulder. They'd dragged me down to Hogsmeade to check the local shops, hoping that it wasn't too late to find a nice one.

"Why not? It's sexy." She grinned holding it against herself, "But I don't have your figure so can't pull it off."

"I'm not going to pull it off no matter what you say Soph, I'm not gonna dress like a hussy just because I've got a mask on!" I stressed flinging back into the huge rack of dresses. "I'm only gonna wear it for an hour anyway, if I see Oliver with that girl I'll die."

"I knew you liked him." Lorna said appearing next to me from out of nowhere. "Any colour preference?"

"Navy, black, Dark green?" I asked and she shook her head letting out a rather large sigh. "I don't like bright colours, my hairs yellow and my eyes are green that's bright enough for me."

"Blah blah blah." Lorna teased throwing me a couple of dresses in my usual dark shades. "Can I at least give you some sparkles?"

"If it's only a little bit then it'll be alright." I smiled kissing her cheek as Sophia clapped her hands and dove towards the mass of sparkling items.

"How about this?" Soph asked holding up a beaded spangled thing. "You could be a constellation."

"What's the other one?" I asked, she had a small black cape/collar thing, "Can I have this with a little black dress?"

"For someone who didn't want to come today, you've suddenly got very enthusiastic." Lorna smirked stepping out in a pale lilac number, "What do you think?"

"You look amazing, like a flower." I grinned and Sophia agreed pulling out some lipstick from her handbag and putting on Lorna.

"Knew this colour would suit you." she grinned "Now back to the search for masks."

"I have an idea for that, why don't we paint glitter on our faces instead?" the other two grinned and grabbed three tubs of glitter; green, silver and a black.

As we walked back from Hogsmeade Dan and Oliver joined us and Sophia spotted her cousin who had a pair of shoes she wanted to borrow. I went to grab onto Lorna's hand so not to let her run away with Dan like she normally does, but I was seconds too late and Dan pulled her off the main path, leaving me with Oliver, once again.

"Get anything nice?" he asked breaking the silence I let us fall into.

"Sophia and Lorna made me get a dress for the ball." I looked up at him and pulled a tight smile to my lips. "I like getting dressed up even if I'm gonna disappear as soon as they let go of me."

"Maybe I'll get a dance in before you disappear?"

My heart sunk, but flipped at the same time, "Did that girl say no?"

"Haven't asked her yet, couldn't give her a letter she wrote herself." He mumbled half hoping I didn't hear, but I did and I grabbed his arm in a vice like grip.

"What?"

"What?" he asked trying to look confused.

"You were going to ask me?" I asked and he looked down at his shoes, "I've been depressed for the last 4 days because I thought you were going to the bloody dance with someone else!"

---

I looked down at her, not listening to the rest of her rant, she wanted to go with me and she had avoided me because of it, not because I was annoying her or she didn't like me. I took her waist and kissed her quickly on the lips, she finally stopped ranting.

"Your serious?" she asked touching her lips with one hand and her other on my chest keeping me slightly away, "Because if this is just some stupid joke I swear I will punch you and you'll be out for at least a minute."

"I'm serious, tell me the colour of your dress and I'll match." I whispered expecting to buy a new tie.

"You're in luck, its black." She laughed slipping under my arm and walking all the way back to the castle together chatting happily about anything that crossed our minds.