23 | Moonlight Kisses

**In order to read the uncensored version of this Chapter, please go to Untethered: The Steamy Bits  via the external link on the bottom of the page.**

*Excerpt from this chapter published on Cosmopolitan.com*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

WARNING: CHAPTER 24 IS PRIVATE

~*~*~

"Let's go." Ryan switched on his flashlight, and grabbed Emma's hand, leading her down the steps of the porch, and over to his truck.

"What are we doing?" Emma whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" Ryan chuckled in a low voice.

"I don't know, I used to sneak out at night when I was younger—I guess old habits," Emma shrugged.

"And what were you sneaking out for?" Ryan asked, raising an inquiring eyebrow.

"Skinny dipping," she giggled sheepishly.

"Oh? By yourself?" His tone was curious, but he felt a small twinge of jealousy. He did not like the idea of her being with anyone else.

"Are you jealous, Ry?" she asked in a teasing tone.

"No... but did you?"

"No, not by myself," she laughed.

God, she had a great laugh. It burst out of her like a stream bubbling over stones after a heavy rain, and sent a rush of pleasure through his body.

"Oh."

"Rosie used to come up here with us when we were kids. She and I would sneak out to go swimming at night," she finally explained, after a moment.

"You and Rosie?" Ryan raised an eyebrow at that.

"Oh God, get your head out of the gutter, Cameron!" Emma smacked his arm, "If I batted for that team, she would totally be my girl. But as it happens, I do not."

"Well, that is good to know—I'm not sure I could handle the competition," he teased back.

"So, answer my question. What are we doing out here, Ry?"

"Skinny dipping," he grinned cheekily.

"Oh really? Did you just come up with that now?"

"Well, I wasn't sure you'd go for it. But since Rosie's seen you naked..."

"Screw you, Cameron."

"If you insist..."

She hit him again.

They arrived at his truck, so he could grab a couple of sleeping bag rolls out of the back, and a small duffel bag, before turning back to her.

"Hold the flashlight for me, will ya?" He handed it to Emma, and they stole down to the small floating dock where the fishing boat was tied up. They stumbled along with the scant light cast from the flashlight and the eerie glow of the moon overhead as their only guide. That, and Emma's near perfect memory of the terrain. They could see the cabin's porch light as a small yellow pinprick, but otherwise they were completely alone as the lake was small and owned by the Martello's. They had no sooner gotten to the end, the dock swaying slightly under their weight, when Ryan dropped everything he was carrying, and then stripped his shirt off his head.

Emma's mouth dropped open, but he wasn't done. After kicking off his shoes and socks, he unzipped his jeans and dropped them along with his boxers. Her mouth fell open a little further, salivating slightly at the sight of him in all his naked glory. Under the light of the moon, his muscled form took on an almost other-worldly appearance. She couldn't stop staring. But then, suddenly, she came back to her senses as she realized his intentions.