ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: CHAPTER 44 & THE EPILOGUE ARE PRIVATE

GO TO THE BEGINNING OF THE BOOK OR MY Q & A BOOK FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO VIEW PRIVATE CHAPTERS

DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THIS—SERIOUSLY—THERE ARE AMPLE WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS THROUGHOUT THIS BOOK ON HOW TO VIEW THEM

~*~*~

141k words, and Untethered is finally complete. I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge all those who helped me through this process, inspired me, and offered their own sweat and effort on my behalf.

Firstly, though she isn't with me anymore, this is dedicated to my grandmother, Edith. I would not have have had the inspiration to even write this book if it wasn't for her influence on my life and her unfailing love and dedication. Like Emma's Grandma Edie, mine was not overly expressive with her words, but she made up for it in all the things she did for me and all the ways she showed me she cared.

We often overlook those who are quiet, or seem unapproachable, but they show us they love us in both big and small ways, in everything they do, and that is more powerful, and more meaningful than any words I know.

Second, I thank my husband, ncpolling Mostly because when I finally told him I wanted to write a book, he was incredulous that I thought he'd laugh at me. He didn't, and has encouraged me every step of the way (even when he was tired and grouchy, and I wanted to talk for hours on end about my characters and plot, and recount the number of new followers, views, votes, and comments I'd received). He has been, and continues to be, the best adventure-mate in life that I could have hoped for-Plus, he always makes me laugh, and you just can't put a price tag on that.

I also want to thank all of my readers, followers, all those who have commented on this book, added it to their reading lists, and supported me in other various ways. Without your support and word of mouth, I wouldn't have an audience to write for, so thank you.

Finally, I want to thank a few specific Wattpad peoples:

_salacious for reading my story, adding it to her reading list, and promoting me in her own work. I'm not sure how many people have found my work because of her, but I know it is a lot. Girl, you're amazing, and I'll read anything you write!

to rskovach and AlysonMcLayne who found me early on and encouraged me to keep writing this story and are fantastic writers themselves. Check out their works!

To HaleySulich for adding Untethered to her WattsTrending blog

to melichor for her incredibly detailed and thoughtful comments. You often made me see things I didn't even realize were there, and challenged me to be just as thoughtful with my story. You probably aren't even aware of how much you influenced this book-particularly, the way I ended up humanizing Julie is down to your insights, and this book is better for it. Thank you! Check out her story "Shadrach." It's twisty and weird and mysterious in all the right ways.

Finally, a HUGE thank you to jgfairytales who edited this book from beginning to end in just 3 months, and lent me her valuable advice and insight. Jen, you're AMAZING, and I can't thank you enough for all you've done to help me fix my (numerous) grammatical errors and polish this into something coherent and readable. Please, check out her page, and particularly her book, Edit Like an Editor. Especially if you need help with editing yourself. I also know that she is happy to answer questions and (often) goes above and beyond to be helpful.

You are all amazing. Each read, vote, and comment has pushed me to keep writing this story, and given me the confidence to continue pursuing this hare-brained idea that I could really become an author.

Love & Peace,

Jessa Martell xx