Chapter : 2

~Joy

I finished cleaning the kitchen and the pack house, I even decorated it for the party that was surely going to start in an hour or so. I was about to head out to the laundry room to finish washing the clothes when I suddenly got really dizzy and my legs gave up on me. I was about to fall to the floor when i was caught by someone. But I stiffen when i found out who it was it was none-other than my brother. I hurry to get out of his hold "s-sorry A-Alpha i didn't mean to fall" i bow my head and look at him only to see that he looked worried? But he quickly covered it up with disgust "I finished cleaning and preparing for your party, all i have to finish now is to wash the packs clothes" i say quickly as i keep my head down "you better and also make sure i don't see you when the party starts i don't want you to ruin my party is that clear?" "yes Alpha" "now get out of my sight you worthless freak" he says pushes me aside. I make my way outside to wash the laundry. After a while I was finished and i folded and put the clothes away in the rooms they belong to.

The party had already started and everyone was having a great time, well everyone but me. I remember when I was small how we would host parties and Jared and I would run around having a great time, we would sing, dance, and even play hide n seek with other pack kids. Those days were the best and i cherish those memories and keep them in my heart.

I walked out to see how the party was going making sure Jared wouldn't see me as I was walking the dizziness hit me once again only this time there was no one to catch me so I feel to the ground. Everywhere I looked was either blurry or spinning. I tried to get up but as I did I was pushed back down. I looked to see who pushed me backed down and I saw known other than my brothers best friends. They are the ones who really try to make my life a living hell, when I was small they use to play with me and protected me. I thought of them as my brothers as well since they wouldn't leave my side when we went out to play and when other boys got close to me they would scare them away but know that changed.

I stared at them, at Nick my brothers Beta, at Jack my brothers Delta(third in command), and at Cole my brothers best warrior. The ones who protected me are now the ones who hurt me and scare me. Its funny how things turn out when time passes by, everything changes either for the good or for the bad. They were like my brothers, but they are now like my unwanted nightmare.

Nick came closer to me and once he was right in front of me he grabbed me by my hair and pulled me up till i was now kneeling "look what we have here the pack slave" he said as he slapped me. I felt like crying but i couldn't "what's wrong slut to nice to fight back" Cole said punching me in the stomach making me gasp "p-please don't do this" i say in a whisper "you have no say in this" Jack said and kicked me in the back. Pain that was all I felt. I feel back to the ground hoping that it would open up and swallow me alive. They kicked and punched and i felt my ribs brake once again. I tried to curl myself up into a ball to protect myself but it was all in vain for that only made them hurt me even more. I couldn't hold it anymore and I did the thing I haven't done in years. I screamed and cried "please I can't take this anymore" I cried they stopped and looked at me with shock and regret. After so many years I finally broke down in front of them.

"Whats going on here?" my brother came into view and none of them spoke "answer me" he yelled so i spoke up "I-I accidentally pushed Cole and they were teaching me a lesson. Jared please don't get mad at them it was my fault" he growled at me and stalked towards me and I whimpered and crawled backwards trying to get away from him. He then grabbed me by my neck and yelled "Don't ever call me by my name I am your Alpha" he then dropped me and grabbed me by the hair and dragged me to the forest with his friends right behind us. I could see that guilt and regret was washing over them

Jared dragged to a river that was not to far from the pack house. He then once again grabbed me by the neck and i struggled to breath. He then threw me into the roaring waters, i struggled to keep my head above the water "Jared please don't do this your suppose to protect me. What would dad say if he saw this" i yelled "And guys i thought of you as my brothers and still do. Please don't do this to me too" i say as teas ran down my cheek. The guys just turned around not looking at me while I saw Jared grab a big rock of the ground "you have no right to call him dad and I don't protect murderers like you. So shut up" he said and threw the rock at me. The rock hit me in the head and i started to lose cautious but before i completely do i whisper "help me...please" and then am consumed by darkness. Was this the way I was going to die...even though i didn't want to live i also didn't want to die.

Sorry daddy but I'm not strong enough to fight no more...sorry I broke my promise...but atleast I'll see you soon.....

~Jared

"Jared please don't do this your suppose to protect me. What would dad say if he saw this" she yelled. Dad would be very mad at me for hurting Joy she was his princess and he made me promise once when he was training me, that if anything happened to him that I would step in and protect Joy. He said something about her being special and that she must always be safe no matter what. Joy and I use to be close we did mostly everything together. She was the best thing that ever came to my life, she would alway brighten my day when it wasn't going my way. I loved her but things change and so do people. That day I had to break my promise for it was because of her that he is now gone, she is the reason everyone lost their Alpha, she is the reason mom lost her mate. I was ten when dad died and I had to train even more to become a good Alpha and once I was fifteen I took the title of Alpha and started to lead the pack.

My hatred for her grew and grew and I didn't care about what happen to her as long as she payed for what she did. I snapped out of trance and picked up a rock "you have no right to call him dad and I don't protect murderers like you. So shut up" i said and threw the rock at her and she began to sink but I could care less and started to walk away when I heard her whisper "help me...please" I turn to look at her but i don't see her anywhere. "Shouldn't we check on her?" Nick asked looking worried "why would we do that she deserves this and much more" i say as i walk up to them "yeah but what if she doesn't make it out" Cole said "she can swim and plus she has her wolf to helper." i sigh "Jared she hasn't shifted yet" Jack said "first, since when do you guys care about her. Second, she just wants us to feel bad and go after her and lastly it's still my party and I want to keep enjoying it" i say as i walk past them.

I wasn't going to let anything or anyone ruin my party mostly not her. She always took both my parents attention but I guess it didn't really bother me, but now I don't want to even see her because she reminded me to much of dad she looks just like him. Mother also didn't want anything else to do with her. Now that she was in the lake I won't say that I wasn't worried but she has to know her place plus she'll be back in the morning and she better or else she knows whats coming.