Chapter: 21

~Joy

The days here have gone by real quick. Right now I was in the garden with some of the pack pups. I love being around them. They are just so pure and innocent, so full of happiness without a worry in the world. "Stop. that's my dolly. Give it back" I turn to to see the owner of the voice, to see a girl no older than six. I also saw a boy about ten holding a doll up. I couldn't help but remember my brother Jared. I walked up to the both of them, and put my hand gently on the boys shoulder.

"Whats going on here?" I asked them "I was playing with the dolly daddy gave me and he took it away from me and won't give it back Luna." the little girl cried. I nod and face the boy. "Are you two siblings?" I asked and the both nod. "Then why are you being mean to your sister, you shouldn't make her cry. As an older brother you should take care of her no matter what" I say. "I'm sorry Luna. I will be nice from now on" I sake my head "don't apologize to me, it's your sister who is hurt" I say as I smile at them.

"I'm sorry Jenny, here's your doll" he said as he handed over her doll. She smiled and hugged the doll close "it's okay mike". I hug them both "okay know go play, and no more fighting we are all family" they then left. "Luna?" I heard many voices "yes" I say as a group of kids came around me "um can you play tag with us?" I laugh and smile "of course I can"

I was about to start the game when I sensed something wrong. I turned to face the forest. Something was coming and it was close by. "Kids get over here quickly" I yelled. They all stopped what they were doing and came to me with a worried look. All of a sudden the sound of many growls came from the forest. I turned to see at least thirty wolves stepping out of the forest. I felt the fear the children were giving away. "Shhh don't worry I will protect you, just don't move from where you are okay" I said to them earning back a 'yes Luna'.

I created a force-field around the kids to keep them safe and away from harm. 'Logan. There are rogues in the back yard where the garden is at. Come quick' I mindlink Logan. Hoping he got the message. "WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS HERE" I yell as moved a bit closer. They all just growled and ran towards me. Wrong move. I thought to myself.

I put my hand on the ground, and as I do roots came from out of the ground trapping at least fifteen of them. I see the others still heading my way. I close my eyes and try to focus on all of them. I hear their heart beats, I then use the wind to suffocate them. I open my eyes to see five of them circling me. They snarled at me and all at once lunged at me. I as able to duck when it happened. Once again they came at me. I wanted to shift but if I do my secret would be spread if one were to make it out alive. I quickly took a silver knife out of my boot. I always carry one with me don't ask.

As one jump at me I used the opportunity to plunge the knife into its throat. One by one as they came at me died. I felt a pain run up my arm, one of them had scratched me, but died right after. I turned to the kids to see them all safe. I get rid of the shield. They all run to me and hug me. "I'm fine, but hurry and go home" I say as I smile at them "but Luna your arm" one said pointing at my wounded arm "it's just a scratch nothing to worry about, now go" I said pointing at the pack house.

Once they all ran back in I looked at the mess I have made. 'Mate didn't come' my wolf whimpered. I sighed 'must have had his mindlink closed' I made an excuse for our dear mate 'but still' I knew she was sad that Logan didn't come to save us even when we had everything under control 'snow its fine we got them all without anyones help'. I sighed and made my way to the roots that had trapped some rogues. Only three of them were still live the rest had died from the poison in the spikes of the roots.

I stepped away from the roots making my way to the pack house. As I get closer I see many pack member run out to me. I knew the children had told them and they all came to worried to see their Luna hurt. "Luna Joy are you alright" one said "yes there is nothing to worry" i said with a smile "no you're not alright Luna your arm" another said as they came even closer "it's just a scratch, it will heal" I assure them. But as I take a step to them, I suddenly felt really dizzy as if energy was suck out of me. "Luna?" I shake my head "it's nothing, can someone send some guards to the roots over there and get the three rogues that are alive. Take them to the dungen, but be careful with the spikes they are poisonous." I say softly as I take another my legs gave out, but was caught by some of the pack members.

"LUNA!" I heard them say "get the pack doctor and the Alpha quickly!" was the last thing I heard as the darkness greeted me.