24)Sad

It was time to go home and face my vengeance. Everyone gathered around our cars and made small talk.

Jamie was back. But I was at my low right now. I didn't give a damn about her being here.

I knew my eyes held big black bags under them. I was tired and couldn't sleep well. My life for the past 2 months has finally hit me.

Tia, Saint, Jamie, and little Maricel all chat. I didn't even listen. I was staring blankly at the ground.

The feeling I had was empty and unloving. My body was stiff and depressed. I wanted to be sleep.

Tia grabbed my shoulders and helped me to my own car. My own car. She put me in the passenger seat. But I didn't say a word. I didn't want or feel like driving.

Tia said, "I'll come visit you all the time okay?" She buckled my seatbelt and kissed my forehead. She shut the door.

I watched her as my head hang low. She kissed Saint goodbye. Her and Maricel left in their truck left.

Jamie wasn't going home with Saint and I. She said she had a ride.

I watched them as they continued to make small talk. Saint didn't seem interested in Jamie anymore. Not like he was when I first met them. He seems reserved and noncompliant with her now.

My eyes watched her watch me. She didn't mug me. She looked at me as if she felt bad for me or something. I didn't need nobody feeling sad for me.

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. I can't wait til her ass is out my life.

Saint got in the car and started it. "You hungry?" He asked. Saint fixed some fancy crepes this morning. But I didn't want that. Jamie made grilled cheese for lunch, and I wasn't touching that and Tia made Steak for dinner, I didn't want that.

I shook my head no to his question.

"Mariana I have another lead on your brother." Saint says out the blue.

Usually I'd be extra excited, but my mood wasn't rambunctious today.

"Let's go." I say calmly.

"Not until you eat." He started the car and pulled out the driveway.

My eyes squinted at him. "But I'm not hungry." I put my arms up.

"You haven't ate in a day Mariana." Saint says with pursed lips.

"You don't know what I ate." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. He was right though, I haven't ate in almost 24 hours.

"I've been laying up with you all day, you haven't got out of bed to eat Mariana." He said rhetorically.

"Saint I need you to understand that I am not hungry and I'd like to take this amazing adventure to see my brother." I spoke in sarcasm.

"You know, Tia used to do this to me. She wouldn't eat nothing but scraps for months." Saint reminisces.

"I'm not Tia." I lay my head back. Saint drove less reckless than normal.

"But your acting like her when she was your age." Saint announced.

"How the hell would you know how she acted at 18? You left her alone while you went and played in the streets with that hoe Jamie." I pushed out calmly. Officer Daniel told me all of this.