Chapter 6

The fan was rotating slowly above my head. I let my eyes follow the constant rotations. All the lights were off and darkness was pooling through my window

There was a buzz and soon the ceiling was illuminated by my cellphone. I remained still momentarily but finally grabbed my phone and examined the message.

"Unknown: hello there feisty."

I immediately thought of Blake and rolled my eyes. I quickly typed back.

"Me: how did you get my number, stalker?"

There was a ping almost immediately.

"Unknown: I have my ways ;)"

I looked at it and smiled slightly. I typed in his contact and my phone vibrated once more.

"Blake: What do you say we ditch tomorrow?"

I rolled my eyes at his request.

"Me: out of all the people you could ask, I am probably the least likely to ditch with you."

"Blake: I think that you want to ditch with me."

"Me: then you obviously don't know me well enough."

"Blake: Then let's change that and let me pick you up before school."

I groaned and thought for a moment. My parent's disappointed voices rang in my head.

"Me: Where would we go?"

"Blake: it's a surprise"

"Me: well it better be good if I'm missing school tomorrow."

"Blake: great I'll pick you up in the morning."

I frowned slightly and tossed my phone across my bed.

The air brushed against my shoulder sending shivers down my spine. I was silently sitting in Blake's car as he drove us to god knows where. His AC was on and the air was positioned directly over my shoulder.

I was able to not only climb out through my bedroom window without killing myself, but was able to get out and get into Blake's car without my parents noticing. I felt extremely rebellious and badass as I dangled from my bedroom window and sprinted across my lawn.

It was not until we drove into a beach parking lot that I decided to say something, "Skipping school for the beach?"

"Oh don't deny it, you're excited about spending the day with me," Blake teased.

"You wish," I shot back, but the heat on my cheeks was evident.

The beach was relatively empty, since by law most of the people the beach attracted were in school. Blake walked towards a secluded area in the sand and sat down. I sat down next to time, well aware that sand was starting to stick to my clothing.

"Aren't you parents worried that you are skipping school?" I asked finally.

He shook his head slightly, "I don't live with my parents."

I let my hand comb through the sand, "Who do you live with then?"

"Roommates."

"How did you meet them?" I questioned again. I looked over at Blake to see him gazing off into the ocean. 

"They were family friends," Blake replied.

"Why don't you live with your family? I mean you're still in high school," I persisted.

"Sienna, you don't know when to quit," he gritted in annoyance. I felt myself shrink back timidly. I took a daring glance towards him to see him blankly staring towards the horizon.