Chapter 7

"I think we should go," he suggested quickly, grabbing my wrist tightly.

"Don't worry, It's not like you are cheating or anything," I mumbled. He simply ignored me and continued to drag me further away from the shore.

Quinn's body was positioned away from ours yet Blake still continued to rush me. We ran up against the restrooms.

"Blake can we just slow down-"

"Shit!" Blake gritted as Quinn turned around and glanced towards us. "Sienna, you have to go," Blake directed urgently. Quinn was slowly stalking towards the restrooms.

"Go? Where am I supposed to go?" I said; my words laced with irritation.

"Just-just hide in the bathroom. I'll come get you when I'm done," He urged, lightly pushing me towards the bathroom doors.

I wanted to cuss them both out and drive home blasting my favorite music, but there was one problem; Blake was my ride.

So I gave Blake a tight smile and shoved open the restroom door angrily.

I felt disrespected and irritation imbedded into frustration as they clouded over me. I made my way over to the mirror, almost afraid to look at my reflection.

My hair had dots of sand combed into each strand, taking the disguise as dandruff. And my cheeks were stained red from either the sun or the animosity that was swarming around me.

The bathroom door swung open and I turned around angrily, ready to face Blake.

But to my dismay, it was Quinn who trotted in. I stopped in my tracks as her ice cold eyes darted to mine and she smiled devilishly.

"Sienna, what a surprise," she remarked as she strolled past me towards the sink.

I remained quiet; afraid that any words I used would be turned into a weapon.

"It's just so ironic, that not only you and I both decided to ditch school today," she began casually, running her hands through her hair, "but I just saw Blake as I walked in here so he must have had the same idea. I mean how strange is that? We all decided to go to the same beach on such an unplanned date."

I tried to trace anything in her voice, but her words held no emotion.

She turned her heel and confidently walked up to me.

"Don't you find that strange?" She asked intimately.

My mouth grew dry and I remained motionless.

"Cats got your tongue, bitch," she spat suddenly.

            "Excuse me?" I gritted, feeling my jaw clench.

            "Stay away from my man, and I'll gladly stay away from your skanky ass," she stated, giving me a small smile.

            Since she was physically flawless, it was near impossible to find an insult that best suited her.

            I felt myself panic in need of something to say.        

            "Really? Out of 100,000 sperm, you were the fastest? This idea simply amazes me, considering you're stupid enough to think that I'm the slut here," I blurted out suddenly.

            "What the fuck did you say?" She stammered.

            I felt my confidence build within my statement.

            "Honey you are like the first slice of bread, everyone touches you but nobody really wants you. Your looks and sex are only going to hold Blake's attention momentarily, but he will move on. They all do," I said bitterly.

            "Fuck you," she barked angrily.

            "Fuck you? Aren't I supposed to be the slut here? How about you go fuck yourself for a change," I fired back.

            Her mouth gapped open and I confidently pushed past her.

            I slammed my body into the door and walked outside to have Blake's eyes dart to mine. He went to say something, but I just gave him an irritated look and ordered, "Take me home".

            The car ride was silent, which was dangerous considering I replayed the situation in my head repeatedly, adding more fuel to the flames raging in the pit of my stomach.

            We arrived to my house with a slow stop. I climbed out of the vehicle and slammed the car door shut.

            I paced around the house in the direction of my window.

            I listened as another car door shut and steps trailed towards me.

            A hand gripped on my arm and I spun around angrily.

            "What the fuck Blake?" I raged.

            "What? What's the problem?" Blake questioned irritated.

            "The problem? Are you that idiotic?" I cried out in disbelief, "You completely disregarded me the moment you saw Quinn. You hide me in the bathroom for God's sake. I get that she's your girlfriend but I don't want to be hid away as if I was something to be ashamed of."

"I'm not ashamed of you-"

By this point I was fuming.

            "Honestly, I don't even know why you have taken such a sudden interest in me lately, considering you barely knew my name. But whatever it is, can stop. I don't deserve to be treated like someone's second choice," I spat angrily.

            I turned my back to his and started to climb up the tree that was adjacent to my window. I grasped onto my window sill and attempted to pull myself into my bedroom.

            And I was just about to shut my window I glared down at Blake, like the badass I supposedly am.

-------

The next day I was scolded by Ben for not being at school. I decided not to tell him that I had ditched and instead convinced him that I had an overnight flu.

Holly was also absent from school when I got back. Ben told me that she was also sick, which made my lie even more believable.

Blake and I were still on bad terms. I could practically feel holes being burned into my back by his intense gaze in English class.

And as I was walking to the library, I saw Quinn practically on top of Blake in the halls. Her body was seductively pressed against his as they sucked off each other's faces. And I could feel not only my appetite drop, but a sensation build in the pit of my stomach.

"You're such a dork," I whispered, watching Ben as he balanced a pencil on this nose. It fell off immediately.

"I may be a dork, but at least I don't punch people," He pointed out.

I gasped dramatically, "how dare you bring that up!"

I erupted into a fit of laughter and he did the same.

But through the laughter his eyes locked with mine and his face started to harden.

"What?" I asked as my laughter faded.

"Would you like to go out with me?" He questioned.

My smile also depleted.

Ben was my best friend. I could trust him with anything and just laugh with him about everything. But I didn't know if I felt attracted to him like that.

But an image of Quinn pressed on top of Blake flashed across my eyes. And I felt hurt.

But I looked at the boy in front of me, who was waiting with patient eyes, and I knew he wouldn't hurt me.

So I refused to analyze the question and instead do what I knew was best.

I smiled softly, my eyes fluttering slightly, and I whispered a simple, "Okay".