Chapter 18

I woke up like an angel.

An angel that was hit by multiple buses.

An angel that had drool trailing down her cheek and her legs spread wide open on the couch.

Classy.

An angel that had a burnt cookie sticking out of her left boob.

Very elegant.

Beams of sunshine momentarily blinded me casing me to squint aggressively around the room.

I looked over to see Holly passed out on the couch.

I frowned and let my eyes glaze over my surroundings, trying to capture any memories of the night before.

I was quick to notice that I wasn't in the comfort of my bedroom- or even my home for that matter- but in Holly's living room. My mind groggily reminded me of the events that had taken place the night before.

Holly had convinced me to sleep over at her house because of the "stress" she claimed to be going on in my life. The night started off with watching re-runs of random shows on the T.V and somehow that transpired into us baking cookies. Holly had something different in mind because she didn't just bake the cookies, but repeatedly chuck the cookies towards me.

And that must have been the reason why a cookie, singed with fire, was pressed against my breast.

I was also quick to realize that it was week day, meaning I was required by law to go to school today.

I shoved my hand into my shirt and launched the cookie towards Holly.

Holly jolted with surprise as the cookie came in contact with her stomach. She created a peculiar sound that resembled a snort and rolled onto her side.

"Get up, we have school in like ten minutes," I directed, groggily stripping out of my pajamas.

Holly grunted but pulled herself off of the bed. I changed into my school clothes as Holly made eggs.

After a while, she hastily scrapped the eggs into the trash, deciding we were too late to eat, and forced me into her car.

We arrived to school ten minutes late but luckily I was able to slip into class without anyone noticing my tardiness. Well at least the majority of the class didn't notice- Blake noticed. His eyes were piercing into me as I quietly slipped into my chair.

After this small encounter, I was planning on continuing my ritualistic routine but Holly had somehow dragged me out of the bathroom stall and convinced me to eat our lunches in the library with Ben.

Ben smiled innocently and waved at me as I entered. I felt as if my movements were awkward and payed close attention to how my feet carried me closer to him. I carefully took a seat next to Ben and he casually wrapped his arm around me. I could feel myself tense at his gesture.

Holly noticed my awkwardness and quickly started a conversation with Ben about some random biology lecture she had. I could feel myself relax now that the attention was diverted onto something else.

"So what about you?" He asked, poking me in the shoulder.

I jumped in surprise at his touch.

"I'm sorry w-what?" I stuttered.

He groaned, "really Sienna?"

I laughed apologetically, "I'm sorry- I'm just a little tired today."

He offered me a soft smile but continued to talk about his theory of biology.

Soon the lunch bell rang and I scurried out of Ben's grasp.

And I practically skipped out of class when the final dismissal bell rang.

But now I was waiting impatiently for a bus that seemed to be moving at the rate of a turtle. I couldn't help but glance up at Blake's car, but only to see an empty parking space. He must have already left.

The bus rolled next to me, blocking my view of the empty space. I frowned and quickly entered the bus.

I practically skipped into my home and saw my mother waiting for me eagerly in the kitchen.

"How was school today?" My mom asked intensively.

"Good..." I responded, unsure of why she was concerned.

"How is Ben doing?" She nagged on.

Oh that's why.

"He's doing fine," I muttered mindlessly.

"I'm glad, your father and I really like him," my mom commented.

"I know," I stated dryly.

I decided to discontinue any further discussion with my mother and walked off to my room.

Shouldn't I be happy that my parents approved of Ben? Yet all I feel is irritation but why? 

Usually my parents scolded me on my choice of relationship and I had always wanted them to accept the people I liked. And now that they do, why don't I feel elated?

My head pounded and I covered my eyes with my hands.

I had constantly wanted to feel loved; constantly afraid of unrequited feelings.

But now...

Now I wasn't so sure I wanted that anymore.

I no longer cared to be loved.

I wanted to feel love.

~

A/N- I have definitely been lagging with updates and I apologize about that. I will definitely be updating a lot more regularly this week.

Anyways, I know this is a short chapter but I hope you liked it.

Don't forget to vote, and I'll be sure to update soon xxx