Chapter 22

SIENNA P.O.V

"Sienna!"

I looked to my right to see Blake sitting in his car slowly pacing after me. His engine was still purring into the air and country music was playing faintly on the radio. His car slowed down until he was right next to me.

"Where are you going?" he asked quietly.

"I-um-don't..."

"Can I take you somewhere?"

I nodded, "yes".

My eyes took a daring look towards my reflection in the side-view mirror. My hair was damp from the rain and had leaves tangled in between each strand. My entire body was layered with mud and my face was red from crying and running.

"Blake," I whispered out.

"Hm?" he mumbled as he brought his vehicle into motion.

"I might make your car dirty," I muttered in embarrassment.

He smiled softly and shook his head, "It's okay."

And here I was, just like the first time I met him, sitting in his car in pure and simple silence except for the country music radiating through the car.

And to think how familiar the setting was, but how different the situation has become.

I felt as if I was in a dream. The heat from his car shielding me from reality and his smell blinding me.

And I thought of home.

My worried mother pacing around the kitchen table, wondering frantically when her daughter would come home.

But I remembered the harsh words I had shared with her, and I only felt dread towards the next time I would step inside that house.

I just wanted to be collapsed in a world that only consisted of Blake and I, covered by the warm and familiar surroundings of his car.

But every time I was with Blake, I put reality aside and allowed myself to fall into that imaginary world of just him and I.

I felt myself smile but quickly covered it with the palm of my hand.

We drove past the city and soon we were masked by a forest of trees. I watched curiously as trees whipped past us and Blake drove further down the dirt road.

I glanced around for any signs of civilization but came out empty.

"You didn't bring me all the way out here to murder me, did you?" I teased lightly.

Blake chuckled softly before remarking, "of course not."

"Oh right, you sell drugs not dead bodies, my bad," I humored.

Awkward silence settled over the car.

Way to go Sienna.

"Sorry... I shouldn't have said that," I whispered, seeing his clear agitation.

He sighed and shook his head, "I don't do that sort of thing anymore."

"You stopped? Why?"

"It was a one-time thing to begin with. My roommate needed a favor and I was naive enough to help. It's over."

I smiled softly and tried to hide the wave of relief washing over my face. Thank God I was no longer obsessed with a drug dealer.

We approached a small log cabin at the edge of a lake. I thought we going to simply drive past it, but he parked the car and got out. I cautiously did the same and followed him outside.