twelve | football game

By the time I arrive home and march right upstairs I can tell that Lauren is already unpacking her stuff and she's making her half on my bed..

"Um .. Excuse me what do you think you're doing ?" I respond back at her and I scare her a bit.

"Oh Zayn .. Well don't you remember ? I'm sharing your bed like old times .."

"I was 13 and you were 15 ..? Now I'm 18 and you're 20."

"Alright so ? I don't see the problem plus you owe me remember ? The football game ? .. What time does it start by the way ?"

"Um .. My friend Liam told me it starts at 6:00 , it gets dark by then .."

Lauren thinks about it .. "You know what ... I'm thinking about going .. I'll pay for you alright ?"

"Alright we have two hours left .. And you don't have to pay for me .. But I do need to find something red to wear so I can get in for free."

"Oh earlier something came for you in the door .. Here I saved it .."

Lauren passes me a box and I cut it open .. When I see it's a shirt .. A red shirt ... But it's not only a red shirt ..

 But it's not only a red shirt

It was a Dr.Seuss .."Thing #5" shirt.

"Oh it looks like I'm number 5 now.." Lauren keeps in her laugh but than bursts out... "Alright Lauren yes I know it's funny but you have to admit it's kind of cute .."

She stops her laugh and responds back nicely "it kind of is .. Well you should wear a sweater so it can kind of cover up and you won't get cold ya know ?" Lauren says holding it ..

"Lauren I'm not stupid." I respond taking my shirt back and rolling my eyes.

"It looks like you are." She says rolling her eyes and fixing her half on my bed.

"Ugh whatever .. When we arrive you better be at your best behavior."

"Missed you too Zee." She says as I walk out of the room.

---------

"Lauren hold up ! Let me fix my hair !" I scream at her

"Zayn we're already 10 minutes late .. Do you know how fast the seats fill up ?" Lauren says .. "Hold on .. I forgot to put on highlight .."

"Ready ... How do I look ?" I ask Lauren

"Amazing ! Now what about me ?" She says showing off her highlight and giving me a smooch.

"Ahhh you're alright ?"

She opens her mouth and pushes me .. "You're funny Zayn , very very funny."