Click, Click, Clich, Cliche, Cliche....

I love a good story just as much as the next person, and I know that there are some timeless themes within each story.

Themes like love, forgiveness, family, friendship, humanity and more. However, each story must have a different take on a theme....OR THEY BECOME FREAKING CLICHE. If it's the same take on each theme in every story, then THAT'S what causes the whole "cliche idea" or the "cliche character" even.

I love, absolutely LOVE when a synopsis says ***THIS IS NOT CLICHE*** or ***MY CHARACTERS ARE NOT CLICHE*** but when I go to read, it's same damn thing as every other story that's "not cliche". Don't make promises that you can't keep.

One thing I've learned as a writer and a reader is that you can take the exact same idea and themes, but give it to two different people and end up with two completely different stories. That's what keeps the stories from becoming cliche.

Yet, somehow, I'll be reading and suddenly, I'm reading the same exact words, the same exact idea that I've read a thousand times before.

Teen fiction is the worst.

Teen fiction always seem to have the exact same take on a theme. Like I've said about three times before, MIX IT UP!

Don't make the guy say "Oh, she's too good for me" or make the guy "absolutely irresistible". Really people?

How many guys are "absolutely irresistible"? Or an "Adonis"? Or a "Greek God"?

I don't know very many guys like that because if I did....at my school they'd most likely be man hoes. Most guys are average, or good looking...not absolutely gorgeous, or incredibly hot. That's just perception...so don't make it seem like EVERYONE'S going to be drooling over this one guy. Or girl.

I am so tired of cliche ideas like "guy/girl next door" or the cliche of a " the alpha werewolf is so hot and I'm his mate, SAY WHAT?, but he rejected me, but I did a makeover, so now I'm utterly irresistible and I'm making him pay."

Jeez that was a mouth full, but you get my point. Now there are always exceptions. One is The Boy Next Door by Vee_ano is a great story with classic themes and written by a great writer. But still, she managed to make it unique.

My next point is the age of your characters. Now teen fiction is great, fantastic, absolutely fabulous, however can you not go beyond that?? Or is your imagination only limited to what might happen to you in daily life?

Can't your characters be OLDER than 15/16/17/18 years old??? None of these characters can go to bars, go to clubs, go do things that are adult oriented WITHOUT a fake I.D. or without school interfering. And after a while, the fake I.D. thing becomes obsolete with the modern technology we have today. If it's a realistic teen fiction, it should be just that, REALISTIC.

And I'm tired of hearing about school, going to, coming from, being forced to go blah blah blah because I have to go 7 hours a day 5 days a week, I don't want to read about someone else's boring day at school. With older characters, you don't have to worry about all of that.

You can do SOOOOO much more with older characters.

That's it for now....so until next time :)