And So The Show Ends....

So, I've been sitting around, literally, trying to decide where to end this rant. I don't want it to remain uncompleted forever.......

So it end right here, right now, with this chapter. Yay! That means no more of the bitchy comments right? Right. lol

Now this chapter can be about anything....but at the moment, I want to talk about male characters.

Okay, so I get that there are quite a bit of female writers on here. And that many of them write about male characters, be they gay, straight, bi or undecided. However, I tried reading a boyxboy story and I ended up deleting it for two reasons.

1) The male characters were so feminine in their thoughts that it made me want to gag.

2) The plot line moved way too fast.

Now I understand that most girls really don't get guys and vice versa. Yet if you're writing about a male character, make them realistic. Not so masculine they're caveman-like but no so feminine that they might as well have been a female.

Most of the guys in my stories are based off of personalities that I'm around everyday. They're not my fantasy guy that I wish every guy could be. It's like girls try to superimpose their visions of the perfect guy onto some of their characters, or they make their male characters think the way the female author does.

It's weird and it makes your male characters less believable. Same with guys. If you're a guy writing about a girl, don't fall into the misconception of the perfect girl or a too masculine girl or whatever.

There's also a problem with stereotyping in these situations too. Many people are way too jockey, or cocky, or bitchy, or geeky or whatever. Too many extremist personalities.

It's weird and unnecessary.

Last thing I will bother you readers/writers with.

PLOT LINES

First off, have some kind of idea of where you want to go. It can be vague or it can precise, but have some idea or your story will ramble everywhere.

Second, don't move your plot line too quickly or your story structure and development gets flushed down the drain. This story I was reading had two guys and within the first like 6 chapters, they had come out of the closet and were boyfriends and all was great and happy and sappy..

And annoying.

For that kind of story, it was too fast and you only learned a few things about each character before they were going out. Of course it's just my opinion, but spend a little time in the beginning developing your characters before you throw love into the mix especially with new characters.

Well I'm bored of this rant, so I bid all of those reading this ADIEU! Ciao, and all those other good byes (reminds me of the Aristocats....lol)